WHEN A SUIC*DAL PERSON MET A DYING PERSON

They said, life is colorful and full of hope and happiness you just only need to find the right path to be there.

At first, I don't believe in it because my life is a chaos. It was unimaginably battle that I keep on losing.

The moment that my mom died and my dad got imprisoned because he uses drugs— I became lifeless.

The moment I got bullied by my schoolmates and lose my friends— I became hopeless.

The moment that my girlfriend accused me of raping her and I got expelled in our school makes me so much in grief.

The moment that my uncle beat me because I woke up late makes me mad to the world and to the people around me.

Everyday of my life is in the darkness. I've always asking, why me? As far as I know I am a good human being.

I lose my sanity. I lose my will to keep on going— to live this life. I lose my hope. I lose my smile. I lost everything in me. I am lost.

I tried to end this pain for how many times. I tried to end this battle they called life because it was so unfair.

But I failed.

Until one day, I planned to end my life again in the safest place I know. It was on the hill.

And that was the time where my outlook on life began to change.

That moment, I am ready to hang myself on the large tree when a guy appeared and stopped me for ending my life.

He's wearing a hospital gown.

It was started at, “Hi, I am Kino,” he said. “Hi, I am Dale,” I responded.

And then he asked me what's my problem. At first I was hesitant but then I open up.

We did a deep conversation and he keeps on advicing me. I became attach to him because I feel secure and he understand me no matter how complicated I am.

Everyday we meet on the hill and watch the sunset while talking about each other's life. And that's how we became friends.

Doon ko nalaman na meron s'yang blood cancer— lukemia. At naniniwala s'ya na gagaling s'ya.

As time goes by mas lalo akong napapalapit sakanya, mas lalo akong humahanga sakanya dahil sa pagiging positive thinker n'ya.

Until one day I noticed that I'm falling to him. And everyday we talk, I feel deeper and deeper.

But I decided to keep it on myself because I'm afraid to lose him. Ayaw ko na ulit maiwan at mawalan ng kaibigan, kaya mas minabuti ko nakang itago itong nararamdaman ko.

Ngunit mapagbiro talaga ang tandhana, isang hapon ay nasa itaas kami ng burol habang kumakain ng street foods na aking dala.

He confess his feelings to me that he likes me. My heart filled with happiness because our feelings is mutual, and that's the time that we became lovers.

Lumipas ang mga araw, linggo, at buwan ay naging maayos naman ang lahat.

Nakikita ko na nag i-improve ang kalagayan ni Kino, dahil tuwing dinadalaw ko s'ya sa hospital ay sobrang sigla n'ya.

Nakilala ko na rin ang parents n'ya at tuwang-tuwa sila sa relasyon namin naming dalawa. They are okay and they support our relationship.

Narito kami ngayon sa rooftop ng hospital at tanaw na tanaw ang burol kung saan kami nagkakilala.

Hindi na kami madalas pumunta roon dahil kailangan i-observe si Kino at marami s'yang tini-take na gamot.

“Jo, pag gumaling ka anong gusto mong gawin?” tanong ko habang pinaglalaruan ang kamay n'ya.