WHEN HIS GRADUATION SPEECH BECAME A EULOGY

They said, I wouldn't able to graduate. I wouldn't able to wear my toga, and march on the stage.

I thought so too, not until I met this guy who change me. He changed me for good.

I was 17 years old and he was 16 years old when I first met him.

We're schoolmates and he was a transferee on that school back then.

I am a STEM student, while he is a HUMSS student.

He's really a soft-lonely person, and he just love studying and reading books.

While me, I am a stubborn one who always involved in trouble. Everyone thinks I'm a problem child, a disgrace to my family.

They hates me, and no one tried to make friends with me. Until one day he approached me.

“Hi! I'm Walter.” he said. “Hello! I'm Kyler.” I responded.

At first it was hard to make friends with him because we have different attitude and behaviour, but later on we became best buddy.

Despite of our different choices of strands we manage to keep our bond much stronger.

He always got my back, especially in academic. He always teaching me if I don't understand our topic.

He also help me to fix myself. He helped to avoid and make troubles. He's indeed my saviour.

He became my light and guide to my right path. That's why he became special to me.

My feelings towards him has been developed. And it get's depeer day by day.

At first I find it weird because we're both man, I thought I'm just curious. But at the end, I admitted it to myself.

I'm in love with him. I'm in love with Walter.

One night, I decided to confess with him while we are stargazing. I'm afraid to be rejected, but I still take the risk. He's worth the shot, tho.

And luckily, our feelings are mutual. And by that we decided to be a lovers.

As time goes by, my classmates and teachers noticed that I'm excelling on our class.

They always praising me for having a high score in our quizes and exams. Also, I perform well on every class recitation.

I studied hard for him, for our future. I'm happy to be like this. I'm happy to be with him.

“Jo, how's the exam?” he asked me the moment he sit beside me.

“It went well, jo. Look, I have the high score on our class.” proud na turan ko at pinakita ang aking mga test paper.

“Congratulations, jo! You did a great job.” he muttered.

“Magaling yung tutor ko e. Ikaw, jo? Kumusta ang exam?”

“Just like yours, it went well too. I also have the high score on the whole class.” matamlay ma sagot n'ya.

Pansin ko ang pagiging matamlay n'ya these past few day. Also, he looks pale.

Hindi ko na lamang ito pinansin at pinagpatuloy ang pagkain ng street foods. Sinubuan ko s'ya ng isang buong kwek-kwek at sabay kaming nagtawanan.

A few weeks later, we found out that he has a cancer on blood— leukemia to be exact.

We are just casually talking after class when he collapsed, and started vomiting blood.

We immediately went to hospital, and that's the time we found out his illness. I was devasted that time.