Chap 13 - Official mission as Magic Knight

Start from the beginning

"What was that?? Hey wait! . . .Tch. You cheeky little new brat."

(Y/n) chuckled as she soared ahead of them on her phoenix, with Yuno and Mimosa flying beside her. "You're too slow, Sir Four-eyes! And be careful what you say, unless you want to regret it later." she teased.

"What did you say?!" Klaus exclaimed catching up to them on his chariot made of steel magic.

She glanced down at him with a mischievous smirk. "Oh, I didn't realize you were going deaf. Your hair's still teal color, though. I wonder if it's natural or dyed."

"You! You should respect your superior! Plus, I'm a noble!!"

She sweat-dropped, muttering sarcastically, "Oh, sorry, like I had no idea about that. . ." This comment caused Mimosa to burst into laughter before quickly regaining her composure by clearing her throat.

Yuno managed to hold back his chuckle but couldn't hide a slight grin. He noticed (Y/n) winked at him and stuck her tongue out playfully, which he found adorable.

"You guys don't have to worry about the bored four-eyes behind us. It's actually fun to tease him." (Y/n) chuckled.

"Yeah, when you're around. . . I'm glad you decided to join us." Yuno admitted which was also heard by Mimosa who giggled softly while (Y/n) smiled then looked ahead.

'Right! My first official mission as Magic knight!'

- - -

They finally arrived at their destination, a mysterious dungeon that had appeared in the middle of the borderline between two kingdoms. This was quite unusual, considering that the Diamond Kingdom and the Clover Kingdom were not on good terms and were considered enemies.

"Okay, so, I was told that another team of three members from magic knights' squad will be tagged along for this mission." (Y/n) spoke walking down the path with Yuno next to her while Klaus led the way ahead with Mimosa.

Klaus glanced back at her. "You already know who the other team might be, don't you?"

(Y/n) shrugged, "Absolutely, . . yes."

"Then listen up, we, the Golden Dawn, are the most qualified squad among all the others, we shouldn't be involving ourselves with other squads just because of this primary mission.  Our top priority is the exploration of the dungeon and reaching the treasure hall." Klaus explained adjusting his glasses over his nose.

"Okay, and what about the Diamond kingdom raiders?"

Klaus abruptly paused, causing the others to stop as well. He turned around to glance at (Y/n) with a hint of suspicion. "You seem well-informed about the mission and the Diamond Kingdom too." 

"That's because I've been through a lot of missions, but this is my first official mission as a magic knight, so I've been through the mission details first before going out on field." She told him crossing her arms.

"Besides, if we want to reach the treasure hall quickly, which is probably well hidden somewhere or just been sealed in the center of this dungeon, our best option is to track down the mana source, or simply a map will do."

"(Y/n) have a point." Mimosa chimed in, while Yuno remained silent, attentively following their conversation as his curiosity perked up again.

"You're quite acknowledgeable about the dungeons as well." Klaus admitted in wonder.

"Had you been through the dungeons before?" Mimosa asked in curiosity as she imagined how it would be like.

"Once." (Y/n) replied shortly then took out her grimoire. "And I was lost back then." She added remembering the last time she accidentally tumbled over the secret passage and discovered a dungeon.