21: Lilith Pt. 2

I sat in quite a large room, my eyes wandering and exploring this grand new environment, I had never seen anything like this in my entire life.

"So, Lilith..." a grand voice began, I quickly turned my attention to the person I'd heard so much about, Dumbledore. He spoke with what seemed like power and a soft intensity id never heard before. "I'm sure this all very new to you" he smiled warmly at me.

I was so nervous as he seemed to be an important figure and I didn't want to make a bad impression. I wondered whether or not I should lie about where I'm from or if I should trust him, I decided against immediately trusting this stranger.

"Now that you're here, I trust Mattheo has brought you here for good reason" my small smile faded at the mention of his name, of course he had spoken to him. Mattheo Riddle, a manipulative, arrogant, possessive boy. For some reason they didn't obliterate my memories like they did to Y/n, perhaps they thought my brain was wired so much to their likings that I wouldn't say anything. I spited the thought of them being right about me not saying anything because of how little trust I had in people.

Dumbledore cleared his throat and I snapped back into reality, lost in my thoughts, though my memories had been scattered I still could recall majority of them, Y/n had not been as lucky.

"So Mattheo told me you met Y/n in Diagon Alley and you two became acquaintances and got into quite a bit of trouble" He smiled with his words and spoke so calmly. "Now I want you to know you're not in any trouble with me, or this school, I want to give you a warm welcome to Hogwarts" he said calmly finishing off with a gentle smile.

I was awestruck on what to say, Mattheo had lied and for some stupid reason I was going to go along with it, but I had to create another lie to fall in with his because surely he would ask me where I was from.

"So, I must ask, just for security reasons, where are you from Lilith ?" He asked, in a more serious tone, though he tried to be polite about the question.

I knew I couldn't tell him the truth so I took a second to ponder on an answer, I thought of words and stories I had overheard from many sick men and even some women. I finally thought of an answer.

"Well" I started "I was originally from a muggle family and I got invited to go to Diagon Alley with my uncle who was a wizard and saw potential in me, he trusted me I guess" I started rambling the lie growing bigger with each word I spoke "And that's when I met Y/n and she told me all about Hogwarts and then we got a bit drunk and she it's all a bit of a blur after that" I smiled, hopeful that he would fall my story, which to me sounded like total utter bullshit. I smiled and tried not to portray my solely growing panic as Dumbledore sat and listened to my story.

"Okay" he said, he looked very thoughtful and actually interested in what I had to say.

Which was so new to me as I had always been used never thought to be a human being with thoughts and opinions.

"And you are sure that's exactly what happened?" Dumbledore asked me kindly, he didn't seem skeptical but it didn't seem like he fell for my story either.

"Yes, I'm sure" I smiled weakly trying to sell my lie the best I could.

"Okay well now I guess what we can do is get you sorted into a house and start classes" he told me "if that's what you want, of course" he added gently.

I was still a bit shocked I had an option, an opinion, it just felt weird that there was somewhere where I mattered, as I had never mattered before, just been a plaything for other people to toy with.

I smiled at him, exhilarated at the idea of starting classes and beginning a new life as this grand, amazing school. "Yes I would love that" I breathed. I tried my best to hide the excitement in my voice but I couldn't get over how great this felt.