Whitney

<>

It's been two months since the kidnapping and I can say that I am better now.

Right after it happened, I didn't leave my house for weeks unless someone was with me.

I insisted that Jaylon move in because I didn't wanna go anywhere by myself.

We have been dating for a month now and I honestly care for him a lot. I know it's not love but I do care for him.

I haven't seen Amarquis since the incident. Word around town aka Tete big mouth ass told me that he went out of town for a few weeks and he came back but he hasn't checked on me and neither have I checked on him.

Deep down I really want to because I still love him but my pride won't let me. I think he needs his space to deal with the death of his parents but I know he is strong and he's going to get through it

If he needs me he knows where to find me and since I haven't seen him that means he doesn't. I'm okay with that I guess.

I asked the doctors at the hospital has he been with the baby and they told me he sees her everyday but I don't know how if I never see him. I don't even care just as long as he checks on her.

Other than that, life is good for me. I'm surprised that it's been this good for this long so I know some drama is somewhere lurking.

"Shawn hurry up! I don't want to be late." I yelled up the stairs at him.

We were on way to the hospital to check on my precious baby girl.

The doctors said that in a few weeks she can come home because she is doing exceptionally well and I decided to have my baby shower as soon as she gets out.

"Okay okay, here I am." Shawn said coming down the steps.

"Why did you get so dressed up to check on your niece?" I asked him.

He was dressed from head to toe in a brand new polo outfit Jaylon bought him for his grades.

"Older women in a working facility." He said in a duh tone.

I sighed, "Okay whatever."

"And could you pleeeease name the blessed child already?" He asked walking to the door

"For the last time, I will expose the baby's name when the baby shower arrives and only then." I said dramatically

"I think it's kind of mean and selfish for you not to tell the baby's father any of your plans." He said

"Yeah well you and him can kiss my shiny brown ass on that one. Amarquis never tried to find out any of the plans."

"And nor do you try to let him know." He shot back.

I sighed dramatically as I got in the car and fastened my seatbelt, "Are you done stuffing your nose in my business?"

"My family is involved so it is my business. Besides he hurt you, not the baby so you can keep trying to run from this problem but you have to deal with him for at least 18 years so I suggest you grown up and do so." He said with an attitude turning around in his seat to face me.

I was shocked at his response and his tone towards me but I chose to let it slide, THIS TIME but the next time so help me I'm going to knock his teeth down his throat.

I started the car and drove to the hospital without another word.

While I was driving it started raining really hard and I could barely see but I would get out and walk to this dern hospital to see my child.