003 - waiting room

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

A knock on the door awoke Clara from her brief and restless sleep on the hard-cushioned hospital chair

A knock on the door awoke Clara from her brief and restless sleep on the hard-cushioned hospital chair. Clara had spent the remainder of her night waiting besides her best friend. The doctors advised her that she could go home and Tara was in a stable condition but Clara knew she couldn't leave. Clara sat, listening to the monotonous beeping of the heart rate monitor, all night.

When Tara first arrived at the hospital, amiss the rush of doctors and panic, Clara was required to stay in the waiting room. After pleading with the receptionist to be allowed to see Tara, Clara paced around the rows of seats, chewing her fingernails. She didn't want to but her brain keep imagining a world without Tara in it. A world without her best friend.

She thought back to the stories that her dad has told her about the previous attacks. She couldn't help but notice that the recipient of the first phone call always dies.

As Clara ran her hands through her hair, new tears wet her already stained cheeks. She suddenly realised that no one else knew about Tara. Clara knew that her mother wasn't the best. She often neglected Tara and was often much more focused on whatever new boyfriend she had that week.

Clara knew that Tara's mother, Christine was in and out of alcohol addiction, meaning Tara spent a lot of time around at the Riley's trailer. Clara thought that she should still let her know about her daughter. She tried ringing her. She rang her about ten times before she gave up. Clara sent a text message to explain that Tara was attacked and was currently in critical condition.

Clara also remembered that she had Sam Carpenter's number in her phone. She used to message her after Sam after she left but she never replied. May as well try calling her too.

Clara rang Sam. Maybe because it was the middle of the night, indicating an emergency, but Sam actually picked up.

"Sam? Are you there?"