001 - on my way

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Tara Carpenter sighed as her best friend did not reply to her text

Tara Carpenter sighed as her best friend did not reply to her text. The phone rang continuously. She paced to the phone and swiftly picked up the call.

"Hello?" Tara answered, slightly weary of an unknown number.

"Hello..." the man answered in a sinister tone.

"Is Christine there?" Tara's shoulders relaxed as she heard her mother's name realising that it was probably her new boyfriend.

The man on the line began telling Tara about the group they were attending together and how much she talked about Tara. Whilst listening, Tara was looking for snacks and arranging them for the movie night she had planned with Clara. The man who calls himself "Charlie" over the phone was sharing the stories that her mother tells the group about Tara's love of movies when he said "what's your favourite scary movie?".

With the excitement of talking about her obsession, Tara explains the complexities of the Babadook and it's superiority to the classic slashers. Charlie seemed offended by this, asking her how much she remembers from the original Stab.

"Do you remember how it starts?" Charlie asks. "Probably a kill scene, I mean it always starts with a kill scene right?"

"That's right! It's a girl, at home, alone. She answers a wrong number and starts talking with the killer then he makes her play a game"

"Do you wanna play a game ..... Tara???"

Tara's breathe quickens as she rapidly hangs up and throws the landline onto the bench. She takes deeper and deeper breathes as her eyes dart to the front door. In a panic, she grabs her mobile, switching to the security app and quickly arming all doors at the click of a button. A synonymous click rings around the home, reassuring Tara that the doors are locked.