Once in a Lullaby

Start from the beginning

"Oh okay- wait what!?"

"Let's start!" She jumps into the arena with me, where at least 20 Mass production Siren ships have spawned, surrounding us. 'God, what did I do to deserve this?'

A shell fires at Purifier, who turns into a smoke, going through the projectile, and ending up perfectly safe on the other side. 'What the heck was that?'

___

It's been a few hours now of running between various scenarios with Purifier, and I'm convinced the one that was just two Entys was just there to make me hate my life. 'I only barely made it through that, damn.'

"That's the last round. You did really well Reprisal! Most people can't keep up with me past the first ten rounds, and you've reached twenty!"

Purifier is still moving as if she didn't just fight twenty hordes of enemies, "How do you... still have... so much energy?"

She smiles at me, "I have regeneration. That's why I'm so impressed you could keep up!"

I shake my head, "Regen... of course. Why didn't I think of that?"

She smiles even prouder, "Because I'm the only Siren that has it."

I give her the meanest glare I can muster, 'which isn't much, I'm fucking exhausted', but she seems unbothered.

"Do you want some water?'

"YES!"

She hands me a bottle before grabbing one for herself. "So, wanna learn how I did that?"

I nod, and she starts to teach me the art of quickening.

...

She hands me another bottle, saying that "Using it will drain you quickly, so try not to use it carelessly."

She drinks a bottle herself, before asking "Anyways, why did you want to go to the library again?"

After I finish chugging the bottle, I respond. "Well, I was curious to learn more about wisdom cubes. After all, mine aren't blue like everyone else's, and you guys are all about data. I figured you'd have something on it, if anyone."

"Then let's go." She walks out the room, and I follow behind.

"So, Reprisal."

"What?"

"How do you aim so well?"

"As I told Laffey, you only need one eye for the scope."

"No, not that. It's the waves. They should be making your shots miss at least once in a while, yet I've yet to see you miss."

"Oh, that's... uh... shit, I don't know. I never really thought about the waves before."

"You should think about it. Now then, we're here!"

She opens the door, revealing a grand library. Not even the word grandiose could truly capture its depth, holding bookshelves taller than even a full shipgirls' ship laid vertically. 'It's beautiful.'

She walks in, holding her arms out wide, "What do you think? Grand, right?"

"Grand doesn't even come close, it's amazing! All the books, the knowledge, the things I could learn, it's amazing!"

She giggles, wrapping me in a hug, "You look cute when you get excited about books! Little stars in your eyes and everything!"

I break out the hug, "Yeah yeah. Although... it does make me question something... why do you need more data, if you have all of this? Shouldn't this be more than enough for power purposes?"