four ♡

"Seokmae ah, you really need to stop sneaking this idol in or we're gonna get caught by the paparazzi one day," a smug voice came from his door as Matthew groaned, feeling his head spin as he slowly woke up.

"Hanbin ah, it's not like I snuck in. We had a movie marathon last night and fell asleep like this" Jiwoong laughed as he cradled Matthew's head.

Matthew buried into Jiwoong's chest even more and pulled the blankets further above them, not wanting to deal with his best friend's rants so early in the morning.

Ever since their first date, Jiwoong had been coming over more as of late in all of his spare time, which was limited. Matthew truly loves spending time with him, and likewise, whenever Jiwoong was with the younger, he'd forget all about his stresses as an idol.

"Hanbin ah, let them be," Zhang Hao said, coming in as Matthew pulled open the covers and gasped. "Hyung! See you have Hao hyung over here as well!" Matthew huffed, betrayed as Jiwoong laughed and pulled him back down.

"Ya, don't forget about us," a voice came from below the bed as Matthew looked down to see Kim Gyuvin lying on the floor. "Ah- I forgot that our apartment became the home for a global idol group to escape their managers," Matthew sighed.

"It's not our fault that we get freedom here," Taerae sang, sitting down on the bed. "Plus you were the ones that gave us free access to this place," Ricky shrugged coming out of the bathroom.

"Hanbin hyung, I know you tried to hide them away, but I found many limited editions of Hao hyung's photocards under your be-" Hanbin flushed as he went to cover Ricky's mouth.

"Shy Hanbin ah? We can take more limited edition ones, only you'd have them," Zhang hao winked as Hanbin nodded shyly.

Matthew felt hands stroking his hair as he melted into Jiwoong's touch. Even though their apartment was more rowdier than usual, Matthew enjoyed the comfort that came with it.

Matthew remembered it as clear as day.

"Han Yujin?" Matthew gasped as he opened his door to the young idol. Yujin just smiled sheepishly as he whispered "is Jiwoong hyung here?"

Matthew nodded as he stared at Yujin's sad expression. "It's j-just that it's been a tough day and Jiwoong hyung w-would usually comfort me-" Yujin stuttered, playing with his hands as Matthew opened his arms.

"Yujinnie come here," Matthew whispered softly as the young idol dove into his arms. Matthew slowly dragged him past a confused Hanbin and into his room where Jiwoong was getting ready.

Him and Jiwoong then comforted the poor boy as five more burst into their apartment, tracking their maknae.

"Well I guess you can come here whenever," Hanbin quipped as everyone beamed.

And since then, Zerobaseone was a frequent visitor to Matthew and Hanbin's apartment.

"What are you thinking about Mattdu?" Jiwoong whispered into his ear, his sleepy voice causing Matthew to shiver. "Nothing hyung, let's ignore them and go back to sleep," Matthew hummed as they burrowed into each other again.

"Those whipped boyfriends," Gyuvin quipped as he got off the floor and left to save his sanity.

Matthew froze. Were they boyfriends? Neither of them had confessed and Matthew was ninety nine percent sure that they both had feelings for each other.

And so what were they? After a second of thinking, Matthew gave up, coming to the conclusion that Jiwoong wasn't allowed to date and therefore they were nothing.

Plus Matthew's heart couldn't afford to be selfish during his times- it wasn't fair to Jiwoong.

"Nothing is better then nothing," Matthew mumbled as he laughed. Closing his eyes, he breathed in Jiwoong's scent as Jiwoong's strong arms wrapped around them.