Chapter 2: Crazy Welsh Girl

Start from the beginning

"Do you think that will add to my mysterious look?" He said, suprise being replaced with mocking and sarcasm. I groaned throwing my hands up.

"Ydych chi'n pump ? Yr wyf yn tyngu un diwrnod Jace Wayland byddaf yn lladd chi , yna adael eich corff mewn llyn lyn , wedyn yn bwydo i chi rabid demons- " My rant of Welsh was cut off by the door opening and Alec stepping in, his black hair combed (a rare thing he did) and dressed in his gear.

"Ven, Jace. Hodge wants us all in the library at-" He spotted my dagger on still in the door, his eyes widened. "In the name of Raziel, who did this! Mom is going to kill me!" Jace pointed to me, immediately. "It was the crazy Welsh speaking girl, I don't know how she got in. She just attacked me out of nowhere" He gestured to the cut on his ear. "I think it could be fatal, I will need immediate medical attention" Alec looked like he was either going to kill me or Jace, or maybe both of us. He held his head in his hands for a what seemed like forever, his breathing deep. After a couple minutes he removed his hands but didn't look at us.

"Be in the Library in 10 minutes, if your not I am getting my bow and coming after you" He disappeared out the door, slamming it behind him. I glared at Jace.

"Crazy Welsh speaking girl? At least I actually speak Welsh..." He shrugged.

"" Eh , încă o fată Welsh nebun " He said, smirking.

"Using Romanain is so not fair!"

***

"Hodge, what was so important you had to call me away from my battle with Venice that I was almost sure to win" Jace said, his body strewn over a couch in the library. We had arrived 5 minutes late on purpose, just to test if Alec was actually going to come. When we arrived he had his bow in hand and his quiver strapped to his back looking completely and utterly pissed off. Apparently Isabelle had to hold him off from coming and fetching us. We had just waved and smiled stupidly and as innocently as we could.

Hodge sat at his desk, Hugo perched on his chair looking demonically at me. I cringed. I always had hated that bird, he was so evil looking. Like he planned to claw my eyes out in my sleep, Hodge had always said the bird was harmless. Harmless my ass. I swear I make sure my windows are locked every night.

"I called you here Jace because I have gotten word of the location of a demon. It will be at the Pandemonium Club tonight-"

"And where did you get this information" Izzy interrupted rather rudely. Though I am pretty sure she meant to be. (she too was dressed in gear). Hodge took off his glasses, looking directly at Izzy. "It was reported to the clave, and they alerted me. Is that high enough information for you Isabelle?" His tone was stern, questioning him was never a good idea. He was their tutor, and was (in his mind anyway) always right. Izzy nodded, looking down at her feet in embarrassment.

"So what do you propose we do?" Alec asked, walking over from the fireplace where he had been stationed when Jace and I had first arrived, his bow and quiver now discarded on a near by chair.

"I would like all of you to go take care of it before it harms any Mundane. We have no idea of its motives" I sighed, looking away. I wasn't trusted to go on any mission. Ever. I remember the speech Alec had given me last time I wanted to go- "Your ruthless, clumsy, don't have patience. You can barely fight, you would be killed in minutes if no seconds".

"That means you too Venice" Hodge's voice interrupted my thoughts. I snapped my eyes up, looking at him in disbelief. "What!?" Jace, Alec, and I's voices rang out at the same time. Isabelle seemed to be completely checked out of the conversation at this point.

"You can't send her!" Alec exclaimed.

"She would trip over her own feet before she could ever attack!"

"Why would you-wait!" I glared at Jace and Alec, processing what they had said. "I am not clumsy!"

"Silence!" Hodge said, scaring Hugo so much he squawked and flew off towards the 'Demonology' section of the library. "Venice is going and that is final. She should actually get some time in the field. I believe as her instructor that she is ready" I gaped at him. Words not coming out of my mouth.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies" Izzy said, still not engaged in the conversation. I close my mouth, but I was still surprised. No matter how much I wanted to say that Jace and Alec were wrong, they were right. I was clumsy. I would get injured or put them in danger.

"You should get ready you leave in a few hours" Hodge said simply, putting his glasses back on and opening one of the many books on his desk and began reading. Jace and Alec both spoke.

"But-"

"No buts, go. Now"

[I'm trying to do 2000 words per chapter, but right now I'm just getting the story going]