the next morning.

      Im sitting next to the mast out on deck while the others prepare for the fight. I would be training with them if cole hadnt gone all big brother mode and told me no. I know he said no fighting but that shouldnt inclde training. Hmpf.
      "There is no room for error. The Serpentine have shown that they have great powers, and to combat them, you must turn their greatest strengths into their greatest weaknesses. Kai, how will you defeat the Hypnobrai?" sensei was instructing them. on how to overcome the abilitys of the snakes.
      "Their hypnotizing powers are useless if their opponent can fight without relying on his eyes." kai had pulled down a blindfold.
      "Good, Jay, the Fangpyre is fast and his bite sharp." sensei complimented kai.
      " But if he can't bite through your skin he can't turn you into one of them." jay gestures to his metal plated gi.
      "Yes. Cole, the Constrictai are strong." wu says and gestures for me to shoot a net at my brother. "And they will not let go." sensei continues.
      "But instead of fighting back, one must try to loosen up." he escapes the net then shoves it around with his foot. "And a little soft shoe doesn't hurt."
      "You learn that from dad Mr. Spin Harmony" i chuckle.
      "Hey who told you about that." he questions.
      "No one, " i state
      "Zane, the venom of the Venomari can make you see things. Cloud your perception." Sensei continues with his instructing ingoring our sibling banter.
      "Then I will use my new Falcon Vision." zane says. and i assume he actavates the ability hes refering to.
      "Very good. I have trained you well. You are all ready." sensei compliments them all.
        "What about you, Sensei? Will you fight? We need all the help we can get." kai asks.
         "My concern is that my old bones cannot keep up, but I will be there in spirit." sensei answers.
         "We're arriving at the Mountain of a Million Steps. You all might want to see this." nya says over the intercom.
         "Look at all those piles of dirt." jay points out.
         "Wonder what those snakes are up to." kai inquires.
         " Wait for me." lloyd shouts
         "This is not your fight. The Green Ninja is too important for a future destiny. You shall stay with me and lila." sensei tells him.
         "Well, their gonna have to look after themsleves,  because we made room for you." nya says as she flys in on her mech. and points to a seat that they atatched.
         "Well, you said you were concerned that you couldn't keep up, so Jay and Nya rejiggered the design so you could come along. Well, what do you think?" kai asks.
         "I think...shotgun! Haha!" sensei shouts and kumps into the seat.
         "I will stay back with Lloyd. I don't enjoy saying this but...good luck." garmadon says. He didnt mention me but thats alright. the ninja then headed out for the mission leaving lloyd and i with garmadon. i stayed out on the deck, lloyd went down below and his father went up to the bridge. Since cole was gone i decided to disregard his no traning rule and pratcie my spinjitzu for a bit. A while later lloyd came out on deck.
         "Hey, what have you been up to?" he asked
         "Traning," i replied
         "Didnt cole tell you not too?" he questioned
         "Yeah but i need the pratice, please dont tell him." i beged.
         "I wont. Want to come up ti the bridge with me?" he asked.
         "Sure," i replied. he went first then i followed behind him. When we got to the bridge we heard the computer.
         "transfering files" garmadon was stealing information about the ninja.
         "You're… stealing?!" lloyd gasps and his dad turns around. "Dad, my friends are risking their lives to save Ninjago, and you go behind their backs to gain an advantage?!"
         "I'm sorry, but I can't help it. Ever since the Devourer bit me, evil runs through my blood." garmadon tells his son.
         "You left me for so long. Where did you go?" lloyd askes sadly.
         "Uh.. should i go. this seems like a private moment." i question akwardly.
         "No you should stay lila." lloyd responds.
         "Um..ok, anyway..." i say feeling more akward than before.
         "Son, there are places in this world void of any good. Dark places." garmadon starts talking again completly disregarding the short conversation lloyd and i had.
         "Is that where Sensei found you?" lloyd inquires.
         "You know how I've always wanted those Golden Weapons, well, this place allowed me the power to possess them." garmadon continues
         "But why didn't you take me with you?" lloyd asks sadly.
         " Every boy has a choice to grow up to be whoever they want to be. But I never had that choice. Because I was bitten, evil runs through my veins. But you still have a choice. You don't need to be like me, Lloyd. Your uncle has a plan for you, and even though it may be to stop me one day, we have to follow our own destiny. And after I help the ninja stop Pythor, I'll need to leave again." garmadon tells his son.
         "Then why don't you just leave now!?" lloyd shouts.
         " Lloyd—" garmadon starts but lloyd cuts him off.
         "No, really! Go back to whatever evil place you came from." he yells again. then nya comes on over the coms.
         "All right, Operation Stealth was a total bust. We're gonna need reinforcements. Anyone there?" she sounds pannicked. Garmadon goes to answer her but lloyd stops him.
         "We don't want your help, and we don't need you here. Maybe it would've been better if you hadn't come at all." lloyd snapped.
         "If...if that's the way you feel." garmadon says sadly then leaves. Lloyd then starts pressing buttons on the console.
         " I'm trying to help, Nya. Just hold on. lila do you know how to work this thing?" lloyd pannicks
         "Yeah hold on," i start pressing the right buttons getting our side of the coms working. "Nya can you hear us?" but i dont get a response.
         "Lloyd do you think you can stear the bounty?" i ask
         "Uh... i-i i dont know." he replies
         "you can do it i believe in you, it just might be a little hard with your height." i tell him.
         "T-thanks" he stutters and runs out of the room,
         "where are you going?" i yell
         "To change into my gi. i can get yours i know where cole hid it" he shouts back.
         "Really" i shout back
         "Yeah" he replies.
         "I would love to have my gi back!" i exclaim.
         "ok ill be back with it in just a minute" he shouts back. I continue pressing buttons on the console making sure i kept the coms stable. then lloyd comes running back in to the bridge dressed in the green gi, and holding my purple one.
         "You found it!" i smile
         "I told you i knew where cole hid it" he replied handing it to me. "you can go change i got the controls for now"
         "yeah ok, dont push any buttons." i say leaving the room and running downstairs to quickly change into my gi. Once i was done i ran back upstairs.
         "The Green and purple Ninja are here to save the day." lloyd shouts when i enter the room.
         "Really" i laugh then nya comes back on the coms.
         "Lloyd? Lila? Lord Garmadon? Is anyone there?" she shouts. i run over to the console pushing the button to let us talk.
         "it's me, lloyd. Nya. lila and i are here. But my dad left." lloyd answers her.
         "Are you all ok" i add but all we hear is static.
         "We're fine, but we're a little held up at the moment. Our weapons have been taken, and we're locked in cages." Nya responds
         "And Pythor's returned with the fourth Fangblade." my brother says through the coms.
         "Lloyd, where did your father go?" I hear Zane ask.
         "I-I told him to leave. He was trying to steal secrets." lloyd informs them.
         "Oh, big surprise there. I told you about that guy, but you guys wouldn't listen." kai boasts
         "Thats not the point right now kai." i reprmanided
         "Its okay," lloyd says coming to stand next to me. "My dad's going back to where he came from. But don't worry, we'll save you."
         " You're not ready, Lloyd. Your destiny is too great to risk." sensei says
         "Mines not and were the only hope you've got right now." i states confidently.
         "we'll get you out of there in a jiff." lloyd shouts while getting wepons out of a cabinet, but they fall on him. "ouch" i walk over and help him up
         "You ok?" i ask,
         "Yeah, here" he hands me a Tanto blade.
         "Thanks." i say taking it. "We should probably go help the ninja now."
         "Yeah lets go" he agrees and he runns out to the deck of the bounty.

                        tiny time skip

         we're climbing the moutian of a million steps now and lloyd was being kinda goofy.
         "Whoosh. Ninja roll. Flying Drag—" lloyd trips "whoa! Ninja recover! Whoosh. Ninja roll." he shouts as i giggle quietly. once we got to the top we used the rope to slide down to the tunnels. and get to the serpiteen base.
         "Come on, Lloyd. You're the Green Ninja. You can do this." lloyd says to himself then starts running down the spiral "staircase" for lack of a better word. As soon as i begin to run after him he trips on a rock and begins tumbling down the spiral all the way down to the snakes. once he landed all the snakes stoped what they were doing and looked at him confused. while they were distracted by lloyd i started to quietly make my way down the spiral.
         "I really gotta grow into this thing. Well, if we don't meet again, Pythor. Unhand the ninja, or suffer humiliation against the Green Ninja! " i hear lloyd's voice echo in the large cave. then i hear the snakes beging laughing at him.
         "Oh, yeah? You and what army?" Pythor shouts. i have the perfect opening right now to jump down and land on pythor so i take it.
         "This one!" i shout conecting my foot with his face as i land on top of him. After i land i quickly roll and get up to stand next to lloyd.
          "Agh, Where did you come from?" pythor groans as he stands back up. "No matter," he adds
         "Uh, and how about my army of fists?" he adds swinging them around and the snakes laugh at him once again. 
         "Or this army?" we hear someone shout from the entrance.
         "Dad!" lloyd yells looking up.
         "Lloyd, you helped me realize I do have a choice. And if there is anyone who is going to threaten Ninjago, it better well be me." garmadon says.
         "The Skeleton army? But why would they fight beside you? You betrayed them and Samukai long ago." Pythor questions.
         "Because everybody hate snakes!" one of the skeltons shout. then they all laugh. Eugh i really dont like skeltons.
         " Attack!" pythor yells
         " Attack!" the skelaton shouts back. then the fighting started and out of the corrner of my eye i see Pythor flip a lever.
         "Hey, we're moving." i hear jay say in the distance.
         "Yeah, the wrong way." my brothers voice adds. Thats what the lever must have done. So i use my spinjitzu to clear a path to the lever while lloyd followed and fliped the switch. then i found another switch and fliped it to lower their wepons and nya's suit.
         " Told you we'd save you." lloyd says to them once their free.
         "Go, ninja, go." kai replies.  The ninja then all grab their wepons and nya and sensei get on her mech to join the fight. In the midst of the fighting Pythor ends up running into the ninja and they get the fangblades after pythor dissapears. Then i grab lloyd and the group makes an exit while the skelatons and snakes continue to fight.
         We're back on the bounty now, celebrating our victory. At least the others are im sitting near the door waiting for lloy to come back. I thought he might want to talk to someone about his dad. And my brother my have posibly... grounded me. Even though they needed our help he was still mad i joined the fight.
         "He left, didn't he?" i look up to see nya talking to lloyd. He nods in response to her question. "Then have some Snogfruit Punch. Cole made it, and it's actually not bad." lloyd takes a glass and tries to offer me some but i shake my head.
         "Can't have any, cole grounded me from sugar and sweets because i helped fight" i tell him.
         "To Lloyd's dad!" nya anounces
         "Hear, hear!" the others say
         "To Dad!" lloyd adds
      "Tomorrow, we arrive at Torchfire Mountain to destroy these Fangblades once and for all. And it couldn't have been done without your father. I'm going to miss him." sensei consoles lloyd. then he sits next to me and starts to drink his punch.

word count 3,073