Instead of stepping away from her like I wished he would, he placed his hands on her shoulders. "Kali's done nothing I didn't consent to. What are you doing here, Amber?"

She giggled and tapped his chest. "I'm here for you, silly. Amelia had mentioned Giles told her you would be here. I bet that beast has been working you to the ground; I thought I'd come rescue you."

I snorted. "The only thing he needs rescuing from is your spewing bullshit. Give the man some space. Not every male wants to be fondled by your talons."

She threw a sharp glare at me--then she noticed I wasn't wearing a shirt and grimaced. "Look who's talking. Put a shirt on, you classless whore. Nobody needs to see your filthy body. I think you've scarred the prince enough for one day. Come on, Your Highness, I'll get you cleaned up and show you not everyone in Plum is a savage."

I crossed my arms to hide what I could of my scar-ridden body. She was a heartless bitch, but she was right: nobody needed to see that, and I'd forgotten all about my scars when it was just Camden and I.

"I was just taking him to the healing hut," I snapped, feeling like I was fighting for custody over him rather than sparing him a few hours of her company. "You don't need to show him anything." Like what's under that skirt. I knew if he left with her what they'd end up doing. What man wouldn't want to sleep with her? She was a part of the beautiful women his brothers told him all about.

"Why don't you come with us, Kal?" he offered. "We can both get checked out."

Amber snided, "She's not welcomed," at the same time I said, "I'm not going anywhere near her."

Seeing that the prince had already decided what he wanted, I turned to look up the hill and called for Elesor. She glided down the hill and snarled at Amber, curling her tail around me protectively. Amber feigned terrified of the "awful beast" and hid behind Camden. Rolling my eyes, I swung up into the saddle. "Enjoy your day off, Prince. Let's go, Elli."

The dragon snorted, snapping her head away from Camden, then jumped into the sky with a single thrust of her wings. She was going to head straight for our alcove hidden in Mount Caspian, but I told her to take me home first. The clouds were getting darker and thicker, and I didn't feel like being caught up in the rain without a shirt on.

I snuck in through the back door, unsure who would be home at this time. I instantly regretted it. Giles and Amelia were making out on the couch, which had a clear view of the door I stepped through.

Squealing, Amelia hopped away from my brother and flushed while Giles calmly stood up to greet me--until he noticed my lack of shirt. The lazy smile on his face snapped into a murderous glare; he crossed the room in two strides grabbing my shoulders. "Who did this to you?"

"I did," I snapped, pushing him away. "We fell down the hill and I used my shirt to wipe the blood."

It wasn't until the "we" when he remembered that I was supposed to be with someone. He looked over my shoulder. "Where's Camden?"

I looked away from him with a nasty taste in my mouth. "With Amber. I'm assuming she'll get around to healing him at some point."

Giles lightened up, releasing me and clasping Amelia's hand when she came to his side. "Do you want me to heal you?" she asked shyly, still embarrassed about being caught sucking my brother's face. Though, I'd caught my brothers doing much worse when they had the house to themselves.

"No, I'm fine," I grunted then slid passed them for the stairs. I didn't really feel fine, but she couldn't heal my stupidity away. I don't know why I thought Camden would choose me over Amber--to be healed, of course. Sure, she was an immediate means of being fixed up, but I thought he'd at least like the company better. Apparently not. What did I know about men anyway? I knew more about dragons than humans.