"She's going to be fine. Andros found an anomaly in her body and he wanted to check further. I didn't want to watch Solstice getting undressed so... uhm... I went out."

"Can I go in?" I asked him and he shook his head with a sigh.

"It would be better to wait. You can visit her once he's done." He pointed with his thumb, not daring to glance back.

"Fine...." I huffed out my frustration. Solstice's screams still haunted me and I wouldn't want to watch her suffer again. I shivered at the gruesome memory I had in the library.

Another hour has passed before Andros finally went out of the room, sweat beading on his forehead. My brother and I both stood up from our seats, eager to hear what he had to say.

"I found the reason why she's in pain. Someone concealed her power that's why it's resisting whenever Krian is not around."

"That doesn't make sense." Taylor remarked and he nodded at him.

"I know. It's strange... It was dark magic. Whatever they have put on her was in there even before she was born. I know it sounds crazy but you have to be born with it if a dark powerful magic resides in your heart. I could barely take it out myself!" He wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"So magic suppressed her powers and the more it showed, the more painful it was? It doesn't make sense! Why would she be in pain the farther Krian is from her?" I held my brother on the arm while I watched him go frantic over our new friend's wellbeing.

"Think of it like this. Krian is the Sun and Solstice is a planet." My brother shot me a look and then his gaze went to Andros like he was crazy. "Just hear me out, will you?! Okay so, Krian is the Sun and Solstice is a planet, right? The farther she is, the weaker she is. The closer she is to Krian, the stronger she gets. Her body has not adjusted well to whatever power she holds so assuming this is the case, she cannot control her own powers. This pushes her body to seek a more powerful source which is Krian since her own body cannot withstand her own energy. I suspected this when I first met her because the farther she was from me when my mark was bleeding, the more painful it was. My ability to hypnotize people also became more potent the moment I met Krian. We need to test this theory out more if we get the whole squad from the prophecy together." He suggested and my brother sought to hold my hand. His grip on me tightened.

"Don't experiment on my sister." He growled in warning, making Andros laugh.

"I won't hurt her. It will come naturally. I promise." The vampire held his hands up in surrender but there was excitement in his eyes that made his dead-looking body glow.

"Don't experiment on my sister." My brother warned again and this time, he meant every word.

"Yeah yeah. Geez. What's up with you werewolves and being territorial to the ones you love. I swear to the Goddess, you're all clingy." He rolled his eyes. My brother ignored him and let me go.

"You can visit her, Krian." He said and I nodded at him, signing a thank you. His usual warm smile made him look younger, the worry lines in his forehead completely disappearing. I left him alone with the vampire doctor who continued to tease me that he's got me making my brother clench his hands into fists in annoyance.

"Please don't kill each other while I'm not here." I signed before leaving the two in the cabin.

Solstice lied on a large bed, the white blanket hiding her body from her feet up to her chest. The stewardess had just finished folding her clothes, placing them on the dark wooden bedside table.

"Excuse me." She spoke before leaving. Closing the door behind her, I was left with a sleeping Solstice. I sat on the black cushion situated at the corner of the plane facing her bed. At the side view angle provided from my seat, the only thing that let me know she was okay was her breathing.