IOU

A/N: omg I haven't updated in 24 days I'm sorry *crickets bc no one reads this lmao* I actually wrote this probably more than 24 days ago, idk why I didn't post it buT WHATEVER NOBODY CARES LET'S JUST GO TO THE ONE SHOT

Description: Phil, the popular kid, often makes fun of Dan, a quiet "nobody."

TW: none

~

Dan's POV

 "Hey, Dan, Ms. Shultz wants these boxes of books for her class. Would you mind taking them down to her? Her classroom is number 127." Mrs. Miller, the librarian asked me. I was volunteering during my lunch period to help her. She introduced me to books and is one of the only teachers actually nice to me at school. I mostly keep to myself, but for some reason, they never treat me nicely.

 "Sure!" I stacked the two boxes on top of each other and picked them up.

 "Here's a hall pass, in case a teacher wonders what you're doing. Although, it's pretty obvious, considering the two heavy boxes filled with boxes you're carrying." Mrs. Miller smiled.

 "Thank you." I took the paper pass she handed me and left the library. I was almost at Ms. Shultz's classroom when I heard a familiar, mocking voice.

 "Oh, look, it's the waffly twat! Why aren't you at private school, rich kid? Or are they not posh enough for you?" Phil Lester, the annoying, ridiculously attractive, popular kid. I sighed.

 "Go away, Philip. I need to take this to Ms. Schultz." I stopped walking and leaned against the wall, catching my breath. I put the books on the ground. These boxes were heavy, and I'm not exactly the most fit person in the world.

 "Don't call me that!" Phil's annoyed tone floated into my ears as I stood up.

 "Hey, what are you kids doing out here in the middle of class?" I heard a teacher ask. All of a sudden, I saw Phil bending over and drinking out the water fountain beside us.

 "Um, we're delivering these boxes of books to Ms. Schultz. Phil just stopped to get a drink of water on the way." I handed him my hall pass. Phil, who had stood up, nodded beside me.

 "Okay, well, hurry up." The man narrowed his eyes at me and handed my pass back. I picked the boxes back up and hurried down the hall to get to Ms. Schultz's room. To my surprise, Phil was keeping up beside me.

 "What are you doing?" I asked him.

 "Going with you, duh." He replied as if it should be obvious.

 "Shouldn't you be in class?"

 "Eh, they don't care." Phil brushed my question off.

 "Hey, quit being rude. I just got you out of trouble. You owe me!" I exclaimed, getting VERY annoyed.

 "I don't owe you anything." Phil smirked at me. We had gotten to Ms. Shultz's class, so I went inside and gave her the books. When I came out, Phil was still standing there.

 "Why do you keep annoying me?" I asked, continuing my way back to the library.

 "Is it really not obvious? All my friends say they can't believe you haven't noticed yet." He blushed and looked down at his feet. I stopped walking and stared at him.

 "What?" I asked.

 "I'm in love with you." He said and with that, pinned me against the wall and kissed me. We kissed for a moment then I pulled away. "I still think you're a waffly twat though." He giggled and smiled at me.

 "I'm just articulate!" I groaned.

 "Okay then."

 "If you don't shut up, I'll break up with you." I threatened, half joking.

 "So we're dating?" The hope in his eyes made me smile.

 "Yes."