Behind The Scenes (2019) [Son Yejin POV]

"Alright everyone! We'll be ready in 10 minutes! I repeat, 10 minutes!"

I hear the producer screaming in the background as the staff ready the final touches of my makeup. We were in a makeshift studio somewhere North of Seoul, a tent specifically since this next shoot was in one of the roads that connected to the DMZ.

In this scene, my leading man, Ri Jeong Hyeok and his comrades are to be sent back to the North in a prison exchange. My character, Yoon Se-Ri, just got discharged from the hospital and is rushing towards the prison swap in a frantic attempt to say goodbye to her North Korean lover.

So basically, I'm supposed to be crying my eyes out as I rush towards my leading man and we would embrace in between the North and Southern soldiers. And there, we would shoot a major highlight for the episode.

"You seem nervous, Unnie. It's been awhile since I've seen you like this..." My long-time stylist asked.

"Y-Yeah..." I utterly replied.

"What is it then? Is it something about the shoot or something else?"

"Something like that..."

As a matter of fact, it was. Specifically, it was the script. As I was reading through the script, I couldn't help but feel uneasy. I haven't had problems working with Taepyungie throughout this project. As a matter of fact, this was not our first project together.

We filmed a movie last year. Taepyung and I really did a good job filming The Negotiation together which became a successful hit. Taepyungie has always been an outstanding actor. When I got the call from TVn earlier this year for a drama project with him, I didn't hesitate to say yes.

So far, the shooting for this project has been fun for the most part. The supporting actors, Junghyun and Jihye, were having a blast on their own while Bin and I were relaxed and comfortable with each other as usual.

But I will not lie though, ever since I met Binnie again, or should I say I met his character in the flesh, I started feeling different towards him, as if he was an entirely different person when he was in his role. Everytime I looked into his character's eyes, all I saw was a man who was once important to me.

He was handsome. He was tall. As a matter of fact, he looked just like him. Except he was no actor. He was not an idol or an artist either. He's not even an MC like Yoo Jaesuk Oppa. As a matter of fact, he was my bodyguard.

He was a replacement, actually. My main security guard at that time had a family emergency in his hometown and he recommended the man to me. When I first saw him, I thought he was a very unique individual.

An ethnic Korean from Russia. Despite his long stay in our country, he still kept his Northern accent, Hampyeong satoori he said specifically.

Gosh, Can I do this? I uttered mentally as I reviewed the script...

"I can't let them take you like that!"

"What if something happens to you in there?

"Can't we see each other again?"

Fuck, w-why did this feel so real? Why does this feel like I've said these words before? As if the producers were there with me all those years ago, in that one fateful night when I lost the love of my life...

"Alright, places people! Hurry up!"

Oh god, this was it! The director was finally calling for us! It was time for the shoot! Okay, focus Yejin-ie! I said to myself as I made my way towards my spot.

"Hwaiting, Unnie!" I hear my make-up artist cheer on as I make my way in place.

Everything was on set. The camera crew take their positions, and the rest of the actors take their respective places for the scene. And with that, I readied myself for the moment, putting in a few drops of water near my eyes to signify my character was crying.