Fight

Dexter P.O.V

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girl walked in behind Valkyrie and Fletcher. She was beautiful. Pale as the moon, with dark red hair hanging in ringlets to her waist. She was dressed all in black. Her top was almost a corset, from the little I could see under the open Military-like coat. Her long legs were in jeans that ended where a pair of heeled ankle boots began.

This was not, however, why we were staring. Starting right under her right, shockingly green, eye was a burn that continued across her cheek, stopping at her nose, and down her neck. Her face was cut in half by a scar that ran diagonally down her face, starting at her left temple, passing over her eye, and running under the other to the hinge of her right jaw.

Ghastly was the first to recover.

"Hello." he said.

Val, who'd stopped with Fletcher just inside the doorway, replied.

"Hi, Ghastly! Everyone, this is Raven. Raven, this is Ghastly Bespoke, Skulduggery Pleasant, Anton Shudder, Saracen Rue, Erskine Ravel and Dexter Vex."

"Don't laugh when she talks," Fletcher advised us, "Even though her accent is funny."

"Coming from the one with ridiculous hair." Raven retorted.

We all laughed and Raven walked in. I gestured for her to sit next to me on the loveseat facing the door, as Val and Fletcher found a plce to sit. Anton left to go get the popcorn and Coke.

Then Raven whispered: "Hell." and hid her face.

"I'm not here, I'm not here, I'm not here, I'm not here, I'm not here, I'm not here, I'm not here." She chanted under her breath.

"Raven!" cried a male voice from outside, "Is that you, you ugly cow?"

"Shit!" she whispered. Then louder, "Oh, g'day, Horrent. I didn't see you there."

"So you still look like you've had your face thrown on a grill, then?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, can I have a moment?"

"No."

"I will leave you alone if you do."

"Your word?"

"My word on it."

"Fine."

Raven sighed and followed Horrent out of the room.

"Hey baby." Said Horrent.

"What do you want?" Raven asked

"You."

"Not going to happen."

"Is it that bloke in there?''

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"That bloke you were sitting with."

"I only just met him."

"How?"

"Friend of a friend, if it's any of your business."

"You're cheating on me!"

"I LEFT YOU THREE YEARS AGO! HOW CAN I MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU?! WE! ARE! NOT! TOGETHER!"

"Slut!"

There was the sound of flesh hitting flesh. Someone had thrown a punch. We ran out into the hall, where Raven was bloking a flurry of punches from Horrent. Anton was running up the stairs, having heard Raven yell. Raven twisted away from Horrent to get further away, only seeing the knife in his other hand to late. He stabbed for her heart, but she dodged at the last second. Instead he slashed her arm, and Raven was forced to manouver out of her jacket so he couldn't pull her closer.

Then Horrent looked around and saw us all, and ran into the wall.