03 | the hellhound shifter

Start from the beginning

Eugene shook his head.

"It's okay, I'm still glad Eugene remembers me," I chuckled and Eugene's lips curved slightly.

"Oh my, you're a ball of sunshine, much like our Eugene here." She ruffled his hair and his ears went pink. Okay, yep, she really has a hard time recognizing people.

"Stop-" Katarin cleared her throat.

"Nuh uh, Genie boy, you don't get to order me around," she said in a somewhat seductive tone and oh boy, Eugene was blushing from head to toe.

"Okay, that's my cue to dash," I whispered to myself and Katarin waved me with a thumbs up. I would say that Katarin wore the pants in their relationship. 

Katarin and Eugene were both Korean. They met when they were in the first year of high school and since then became inseparable. Katarin had unique dyed pink hair paired with Eugene's all black vibes. Even though Eugene was covered in tattoos,– surprisingly, the principal allowed us to have tattoos– he still had a cute appearance which Katarin always teased him about. Though it contrasted with Katarin's resting bish face. People always were confused when she stayed calm and thought she was angry and thankfully, Eugene was her saving grace. Not only that, Katarin has really bad ass eyeliner. Isis sometimes gushed about it whenever we had phone calls.

"Hey! You should have dragged me to their seats!" Isis wailed, Zen still hovering over her.

"Welp, it seems like you're busy and their seats are far away." Isis swatted Zen's palm and pouted when I said that they were far from us.

"Go the hell away, you duck," Isis glared at him and Zen raised one of his eyebrows. 

"Sure, sure. Just so you know, I'll be back. It was nice teasing you, Smurfette," Zen nodded at my direction and turned back to his seat. He gave a hard pat on Cassian's shoulders because he left him earlier.

Isis groaned, "Who the hell bid goodbyes like that?" 

I shook my head, "Definitely, him."

Isis groaned again.

I chuckled and turned on my mobile phone, eager to work on the next book review assigned to me. Of course, I wouldn't be so excited if it was not a good book to review. I read the blurb yesterday and I was intrigued. 

I didn't reach until 500 words when the bus came to a stop. Some students hopped off the bus and left for toilet break, and Isis was one of the students who needed it. Along with Zen, following her like a goofy puppy. As I stayed, Cassian instantly captured my eyes when I looked around.

I should had talked to him, but I was afraid that he would brush me off again. But nothing ever stopped me from approaching him. I tapped his shoulder to accompany me outside the bus, watching the scenery around. He was hesitant at first, but gave in when I gave him my puppy face. Was it that bad for him to follow me forcefully?

I shrugged and cleared my throat.

"So, um, I promise this is not an interview, but I want to know aside from your super healing, do you have any superpowers I have to be aware of?" I asked.

He briefly looked at me and said; "Why do you have to know?"

I should have known this was going to be difficult. So, I tried again.

And he rejected me again.

The bus parked near a cliff so we had to be careful if we wanted to take a walk.

I seemed to ignore that warning when I almost slipped and flew over the cliff. 

"Woah!" I exclaimed, my arms flailed. It didn't grab any of those non-living things, instead it grabbed Cassian's arm.