19

Sunscreen Romantic?

Sunscreen Romantic?

The time had come.

Throughout the night I could not fall asleep due to the constant thoughts that filled my mind regarding the events that would happen today.

We are going to shoot real bullets at those black and white targets that make up police training in those suspense series that I like so much.

I'm too nervous.

I don't want to leave Jang-Soo's side, but I also can't shoot by holding his arm and my firearm at the same time.

Will we go walking or in a special truck?

Will we go with the daily uniform or physical education?

Good heavens!

My mind asked all kinds of unnecessary questions that led me to not sleep properly and wake up with a headache and a bad mood, because this made the simple fact of exposing my eyes to some light or moving them from one side to another painful, at the same time my extremities hurt a lot.

Technically I had not rested at all!

I even took a headache pill and it didn't help!

What rage!

But...

Will they make fun of me if I miss the target?

Will the firearm be so comprehensive as to stop being so heavy and for a few moments help me to do the exercise well, all without making my arm tremble under its weight?

Will I bear the loud sound of gunshots?

I'm afraid of having some nervous shock.

Can I be calm?

Or worse...

What happens if at some point one of the kids from another school loses his sanity and it occurs to him to imitate one of those shootings that appear in some American movies, but I am not paying attention because I am running away from the loud noise?

Would I survive?

Would Jang-Soo survive?

Tae-Man, Chi-Yeol and Deok-Joon?

¿Young-Shin?

— My girl? Yah yah! Don't do that — Jang-Soo's warm hands took my face away from my thoughts, making my gaze connect with his quickly, holding under his arm the bottle of sunscreen that we had previously taken from my backpack.