006: chaos

AFRAID

AFRAID

chapter six, chaos

chapter six, chaos

  ADMIST THE CHAOS OF HER life, music was a constant source of comfort

  ADMIST THE CHAOS OF HER life, music was a constant source of comfort. The melodies and lyrics of her favourite songs had a way of making it so she could forget about all her troubles and just be. Without music, she didn't know how she would cope with the harsh realities of the world. It was her lifeline, the one thing that kept her from slipping into despair.

Rosalie sat at the end of her bed, her headphones blasting music into her ears, drowning out the world around her. She felt exhausted, both physically and mentally tired, the weight of her burdens crushing her spirit. As she looked down at the floor, she tried to shake off the feeling of hopelessness that was threatening to consume her. But when she lifted her gaze from the floor, she felt a moment of relief as she looked at the photos she had pinned to the wall. They were a reminder of happier times, a visual representation of the hope that still lingered within her. She remembered the pot of pins Daryl had found her on a run a few weeks back, and the camera he had given her to take the photos. It was a small gesture, but it meant the world to her.

Pinned to her wall, there was a diorama of photographs. The photo of her and her mother, father and herself remained in one piece, along with the other 4 photos. There was a photo of her, Liam and Beth, Beth was showing off her beautiful smile whilst Liam was pulling a funny face, his tongue stuck out with his eyes closed, Rosalie was laughing and happy — which she seemed to be most of the time when she was with them. There was another photo of her and Liam, Liam sticking his tongue out again, whilst Rosalie rolled her eyes at the older boy. Next to those photos, there was one of her and Daryl, Rosalie giggling as Daryl frowned — unimpressed at the girl. The last photo was one of her and Rick, them both smiling widely with Carl in the background, sulking.