Instead, he was cradling a shaking Daniel Ricciardo on the floor of the McLaren pit wall.

Pierre was shouting for Charles, slapping his face as he held his friend, begging for him to come back and away from 'the shadow place'.

The poor rookies, Alex Albon, George Russell and Lando Norris, were stood metres away watching the carnage unraval in the pit lane.

Max Verstappen had been at the side of his ex-teammate but when he heard the shout that Pierre let out as he caught Charles when he collapsed, Max rushed over and was now sat on the floor in front of Charles, doing absolutely anything that he could to bring him back to reality.

It seemed as though Charles didn't want to come back to reality just yet.

Everyone was a complete mess over Emilia's death.

The media teams had turned off their cameras or pointed them to any other area they could whilst turning off any microphones out of pure respect for the drivers in the pit lane.

Everyone just waited for the pin to drop.

Emilia being brought out of the car alive...or Emilia's body being brought out of the car.

Would she walk away from the accident or would she be taken away in the body bag?

Everyone (other than Daniel and Charles) was focussed on the tv screen, watching the way the marshals pulled Emilia from the car, the woman being dragged through a small gap at the front of the car between the car itself and the wall, a small gap that was only able to be made due to the halo pushing the front of the car away from the wall with how it had landed.

With Emilia appearing out of the flames and scrambling to her feet to immediately run away with the two marshals.

The two marshals who had ran from their position at the next corner with the cars still on track.

The two marshals who weren't even meant to be there.

The two marshals who had put their own lives at risk to save the one within the wreckage.

The two men in bright orange were the only two marshals there.

With no fire extinguishers to hand, god knows how they had managed to get her out.

Emilia Senna owed those two men her entire life and the future she had yet to live out.

And the sight of Emilia Senna was something that would never be forgotten.

Stood metres away from her car, helmet grasped in her hand, her white McLaren race suit was charred and holes had been burnt through the back showing off the charred fireproofs beneath.

There was only one thought running through her head as she stared at the wreck of her car now being extinguished by the marshals who hadn't been there when they were meant to be -

Am I cursed to always have these huge near fatal accidents?

Maybe I should stop driving to save my loved ones the pain of losing me.

To save Daniel from losing the love of his life...

And to save Charles from yet another death shadowing his young life - to be honest, if one more person he loved was to die, I don't think he would make it past it this time.

Emilia Senna had never laughed as much as she had as she watched Fernando Alonso attempt to piss off Kimi Raikkonen on the edge of the pool.

The Finnish man was having absolutely none of it and had already threatened to punch, kill and gouge out the eyes of the Spaniard. Fernando had also already been shoved into the pool twice by the Fin but this did still not deter him from his mission.

According to the Alonso man, he was sick of Kimi being an irritating bastard.

Emilia couldn't agree with that statement. She thought that Kimi's silence and lack of emotion was the best part of him because it showed his lack of bother for anything happening around him.

Kimi Raikkonen was a man of few words.

But the words he did speak were always iconic.

"You missed a presentation by Pele."
"I was having a shit."

The group of more experienced members of the grid where sat on a few sunloungers on the edge of the pool, the entire area around them was quiet, the hotel pretty much being booked up by the drivers and people from each and every team on the grid meaning that there was absolutely no members of the public around like there was sometimes.

This meant that Emilia and Daniel could sit in the embrace of the other without having to worry.

The Brazilian was sat back against the Australian, placed carefully between his legs which would brush against her hips with each and every movement. Her head was leant back against his chest and her fingers fiddled with his since he had locked his arms around her torso and was chatting quite casually with Lewis who was sat on the sunlounger to the right of them.

"You guys make me feel lonely as hell." Fernando comments, having glanced away from Kimi briefly.

"Get a girlfriend then you can talk." Emilia replies.

"Your in a mood." Fernando mutters.

"She's always in a mood when she comes back to the life of racing after visiting Brazil." Lewis sighs.

"Just because I love my home country more than everyone else here." Emilia mutters.

"Yeah, I don't like England. It's shit." Lewis laughs.

"Unlike you, I adore Switzerland." Sebastian replies.

"I like Finland." Kimi adds.

"You don't like Finland you like the cold weather in Finland. And don't deny it, you told me that yourself." Sebastian corrects his teammate.

"I like the cold weather in Finland." Kimi mutters.

Everyone chuckles slightly as Sebastian gives his teammate a rather triumphant grin.

Kimi just rolled his eyes and continued to speed walk away from a prowling Spanish man.

As Fernando went back to annoying Kimi and Lewis continued to rant about how much he despised England because all it ever did was rain, Emilia adjusted her position slightly against her partner. Daniel glancing down at her and squeezing her hip with his hand to ask silently if she was okay.

Emilia gave a small nod of her head to reassure him.

As Daniel began to egg Fernando on, ignoring the death glare that he was being sent from Kimi, Emilia glanced over to Sebastian after feeling his eyes trained on her.

The German man grinned.

And Emilia knew that he would forever be giving her shit for this moment.

———————————————————————

Okay I'm very sorry for not updating.

I have been working non-stop the last few days and today is the only day I've had the time to finish the chapter to get it released😭

But, I do have some exciting plans for this book, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to have it go on for but I know some very adorable things that I want to do in it.

But anyways, I'm hoping to get back to daily updates tomorrow once I've had the time to pre-write some more chapters.

Much love,
- Hollie <3