Chapter 4 - Same Thing

3rd person pov:

Lance left Keith's room and went to change.
Once he was done, he came back and his teamate had a question for him.

Keith:  Hey Lance...you said you didn't want to go see the team alone, why?

Lance: I'm not scared of them or anything, it's just that's I know it will be akward between us after what they did. I'm not sure to be ready to forgive them yet either.

Keith: I see...Wait, you know that you're under a love potion ?

Lance: Yeah, I mean I'm not blind you know. But, I always loved you. Since Garison! You were always the top of EVERYTHING! You are like PERFECT! I never told you, because I was scared of your reaction and I thought you hated me. Mostly after how disgusted you looked after the kiss we had last time. When the potion started to work, all my feelings for you became SO MUCH STRONGER. Like I already loved you so much, but now it's just SO MUCH. Eveytime you leave me, it's like my heart break into a hundred pieces. Everything is just so overwhelming, like I'm drowing in my own feelings. Words come out without me wanting to say it either. I can't lie to you and I can't leave you. It hurts. So much. I don't know why you're acting like you love me when you don't, but thank you.

Keith stayed there in silence. He didn't know what to say. He thought that the kiss was just a joke. Since Lance never talked about it, just like their bonding moment. He was sure that Lance was just playing around with his feelings. That's why he was mad at Lance. That's why he didn't want to talk to him again. He didn't want to be played around with. Could it really be that Lance was just scared of his reaction? Or is the potion just messing with his memories? Lance was not in a position to express himself correctly, so Keith decided to talk about it later.

Keith: I don't think you're thinking straigh right now. Look, we definitely should have talk about it before, but now is not the moment. The potion is messing with your head. You don't know what you're saying. Let's go have some fun at the funfair and when the effects wears off you, we talk about it, okay?

Lance nodded. He didn't know what to think about all that, or what it even mean. But he knew he couldn't handle a rejection form Keith right now.

They left Keith room after that. On their way out, Keith held Lance's hand. After hearing all that, he couldn't let Lance suffer in silence. He promised himself that no matter what happened before, he was going to make Lance as happy as he can, without going too far. Lance looked so hurt, no one deserve to live that. Love hurts so much already on its own. No need to add on it.

Of course, Lance's heart starting to beat faster then the speed of light. Maybe Keith didn't hate him after all? Maybe he was just trying to be nice, but why would he tho? He wasn't going to get his answers now fortunately or unfortunately. Anyway, that didn't stop him form smiling as much as he could.

When they joined the rest of the team, all the crew were happy to see them. No one talked about what happened before, and no one wanted to. On the road, Shiro and Allura tried to talk and make the conversation. They all talked toghter, I mean Lance just nodded and Keith said some words. It was weird, but it was nice. For once since the beginning of their adventure, there was no fighting. They arrived at their destination around 10 mins after.

Lance and Keith hold hands the whole time, wich didn't escaped to Pidge, who decided to keep on her investigation.

The not so sure lovebirds decided to go to the haunted house after Lance said he wanted to go.
The rest of the team didn't follow them, the whole plan was to give them some good times togheter.

Keith never went to a funfair, so he didn't know what exactly was a hanted house. He was sure that their will only be like paper ghost and creepy music. He didn't expect how actually scary it was. It might be because it was made by aliens, but Keith got actually very scared. He hold Lance the whole ride. Everytime there was a hologram that pop up, he hold him tighter. Wich of course, made Lance's heart race. The blue paladin made a hundred of these rides, he wasn't afraid of it anymore, but he didn't expect his teammate to be. His heart was beating so fast, he couldn't focus on anything else than his lover. At the end of the ride, Lance's face was more red than his heart. He had the biggest smile. Keith, on his side, was very dizy. He surely didn't expect that. He was still holding into Lance while trying to find his balance. The view of Keith struggling to stand still stole Lance a little laugh. He held both of his friend's hand and help him stand still. They both looked at eachother for a brief moment before bursting out laughing.

Lance: Since when can you get so scared, Mullet?

Keith: How could I know that it was like that?! It was so scary...Wait Mullet? What happend to my love, my men, the love of my life?

Keith said while laughing.

Lance: Mullet , my love, same thing.

Lance said while looking in Keith's eyes with a warm smile on his face.