1. Deaf Girl

So this book is based on my short Read My Lips from my Eminem One Shots book. Since ONE  of you expressed interest in it, I have decided to make it into a whole separate book, so here it goes...

The 1st chapter is basically identical to the original one shot, the only thing I changed was the main character's name, plus edited a few typos I've noticed so far lol.

After that, it's going to be all new material.

Now, the main character of this book is deaf. I myself am not deaf, nor do I have any deaf friends, so all I could do was very minimal research plus my imagination on what it must be like. If by any chance a person reading this is in fact deaf of have any deaf friends or family members and my portrayal is not accurate, I sincerely apologize for that and it was never my intention to be inaccurate or offensive.

Anyways, thanks for reading...

---

We begin in the year 2001...

Amari's P.O.V.

The beat.

It's pulsating all around me, making my body rock with it naturally.

It doesn't matter that I can't hear the music.

I can still feel the beat, and I wind my hips to it, bouncing on it, riding the beat like there's no tomorrow, and it feels so good.

My eyes land on my friends that I came to this party with. My best friend, Tonya, and her girls, Dana, Starr, Queen, Ava, and Stephanie.

And just to clarify a bit, Stephanie, she is 100 percent Tonya's friend and not mine. Stephanie actually hates me. For whatever reason. And I've read her lips earlier. She was bitching at Tonya. For even bringing me along. She said to her that she couldn't see the point of even bringing me, since I'm deaf and all.

Anyways, fuck her...

We continue to dance, throwing our drinks back that we've got at the bar, occasionally looking up towards the V.I.P. area.

That booth is all high up in the sky.

Fortunately though, I've got a 20/20 vision.

When the host showed up and announced, "Welcome to the Tim Westwood Party!!" I could easily read his lips.

And it's been on from then.

People packed like fucking sardines in this club. Bodies grinding and slamming against each other.