Already Killed Me| Imagine

AN: I had a request for a cheating Leon so I kinda wrote it but I'm also not keen on the trope so I adjusted it in a way to make room for a HEA because I'm all for them🙈
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Don't forget, find Condor One first then assist him with the execution."

I nod even though Hunnigan can't see me and put down the phone, taking a deep breath as I step out of the sports car, my dress skims the floor so I pick it up, silently cursing whoever packed this for me, I look like a fucking Disney princess with all the layers, but it does keep my weapons hidden so I can't complain too much.

I walk up the staircase to the mansion, sweetly smiling at the bodyguards standing guard at the doors. They assume I'm just some woman who's late to the party, completely useless and here just to be another pretty face for the assholes to stare at. I enter the mansion and am immediately greeted with dancing couples and loud music, there's a few waiters walking around carrying trays of drugs and alcohol, and I'm sure two people are getting it on behind a curtain to my left, it's complete debauchery.

The door closes behind me and I begin my search for Condor One, also known as Leon S. Kennedy, my boyfriend. My eyes roam around the room, I'm hoping he's still active and just lying low rather than lying on an expensive rug somewhere with a bullet to the head. I feel lots of eyes on me as I walk around the room, pretending to wander about, turning my nose up at everything even though I'm sure the drinks cost more than the rent on my apartment.

After only a short time of searching my shoulders slump as I see Leon dressed in a well fitted suit, my breath catches he smiles at someone the same way he does at me, but when I see Ada Wong step out of the crowd and grab his hand, anger boils up inside of me.

"Drink?" A waiter asks me, I nod and snatch a champagne glass, downing it before he even has a chance to walk away. I narrow my eyes as I watch Leon take Ada's waist, both of them inches apart as they begin to dance slowly. If feels like I'm being kicked in the heart but my universe entirely shatters when Leon leans in and kisses Ada, his hand cups her face as she tries to pull away, bringing her in as he initiates it.

Tears spring to my eyes. Well I fucking found Condor One, so I'm moving on to the next part of my mission. I turn on my heel and walk straight into a chest. Immediately I begin my apologies, but I look up to see the man I was sent here to kill, nobody knows his real name but he goes by Poison for his habit of trying to eliminate anyone he doesn't deem fit for society, including the weak and sick.

I grit my teeth as he smiles down at me, his eyes slowly scan me from head to toe. "I haven't seen you here before little butterfly, where have you been?" He deeply says, licking his lips hungrily. I resist the urge to stab him, so I shrug and act meek.

"It's my first time here, I was looking for my friend..." I lead off, he grabs my hand forcefully and tilts half of his mouth up.

"Let's go find her, shall we?" He murmurs, leading me around the crowd and into a library room. As soon as we're in he heads over to a trolley and pours two glasses of whiskey, not so discreetly adding a vial of something to one of the glasses. The fucker is trying to poison me!

I lift up my dress and try to grab my knife, but all of a sudden the door bursts open, I turn towards it not noticing Poison grab a gun and wrap an arm around my middle, his gun presses into my stomach as my evening becomes even more fucked.

Leon and Ada walk in, as soon as Leon sees me his eyes widen in surprise, before he can react Ada pulls out a gun and points it at his head. A whimper escapes me despite the fact the man broke my heart not half an hour ago.

"The deal is done, I brought you an agent plus an addional one, now where is the payment?" Ada sneers. Poison snickers from behind me as he whacks the gun over my head, I fall to the floor as he reaches into his pocket and throws Ada some kind of gem, knowing her it's probably got some use that we don't know about. Leon grits his teeth, feeling the betrayal.

Ada smirks at me then leans forward, pressing a kiss to Leon's cheek before walking out of the room. I stand up but Poison points the gun at my head, tutting as Leon stiffens and holds his hands up in a surrender. "It's me you want, point that thing at me."

Poison scoffs then leans down, gripping my chin in one hand and squeezing. "I don't think so, this one's much more appealing."

Leon growls and darts forward, Poison briefly looks at him which gives me time to grab my knife and for Leon to pull his own gun out. I stab Poison in the foot, but he wraps himself around me and hauls me up, aiming the gun at my head as he breathes heavily due to the pain.

Leon points the gun at Poison behind me, but his face is full of desperation. "I can't, I'll hit you." Leon shakes his head.

"Do it," I whisper staring into the deceitful blue eyes, "You've already killed me."

Leon's face falls for a second and his gun lowers, seeing what's going to happen I reach fast, biting the arm wrapped around me and pushing back as Poison cries out. I grab the gun from his weaker hand and shoot him in the head once. He falls dead.

I stare at the blood pooling until Leon grabs me, I shake him off and give him a glare as I storm past him. Now the mission is over I can finally acknowledge what I saw and how I feel. I'm angry. Sad. Hurt.

Leon tries to grab me again as the tears fall, my body trembles and I grip my gun harder as I freeze and turn around, pointing the gun at Leon. He swallows and steps into it like a madman, his eyes staring into mind.

"You saw." He says, not a question but a statement. My eyes burn as the tears fall faster, I don't respond. "You're not gonna believe me but it wasn't real. I had to get her to trust me, to think that I was usable again, boost her ego. She's currently being escorted to jail with a team stationed outside, she never saw it coming since she presumed once again she'd betrayed me." Leon explains.

It makes sense, but he's right, there's a niggling feeling that tells me that despite the meaning, Leon actually enjoyed kissing her.

"I believe you," I whisper, my voice trembling, "but I don't like it. It's still cheating."

Leon purses his lips knowing this is a battle he can't win. "I'll wait until you trust me again, until you realise that I love you and nobody else, I'll wait for you to come back to me." He murmurs, the pain on his face almost makes me crumble even more.

********6 Months Later********

I walk into a bar I haven't been to for a while, I've had a great day and just felt like letting loose a little, so what place better than my old favourite bar. I order my favourite drink as I sit on a stool, my eyes wander about the busy crowd, it's Friday so the place is packed and the fun energy is already catching onto me.

"Can I sit?" A familiar voice asks from beside me. I turn to see Leon looking at me with a mix of hesitation and love.

I nod, downing the rest of my drink. It's been six months since the incident, and I've thought about it a lot, and whilst what he did was wrong, it was the only way Ada would've ever trusted him. Leon has always been the lovesick moldable puppy in her eyes.

"How have you been?" I ask him, Leon's brows raise in surprise as if he was expecting a fight. We spend a few hours talking, at first things were rusty but it soon become fun, like nothing had changed between us.

When the bar begins to close, Leon walks me out and insists on walking me home. Reluctantly I let him, our shoulders graze as we walk, and I almost reach out to grab his hand, old instincts I guess.

"Can I see you again?" Leon mumbles as we stop outside of my apartment. I chew on my lip, then nod as Leon smiles.

"I'm willing to give us another chance, but," I hold a finger up as Leon grabs my waist, "if you ever hurt me like that again I swear I'll rip your heart out."

Leon nods and leans in to kiss me, I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him into my apartment building, forgetting all about our rocky past as we make new memories.