Thanks For The Help| Imagine

I wake up in an unfamiliar bed, an arm is draped around my waist and for a second I don't mind it, until I remember how I got here.

Being an ex employee at Umbrella comes with some repercussions, like a lot of people want me dead. However the US government and I have a deal, I'll help them with whatever virus is currently wiping out parts of the nation whilst they keep me alive.

And by keeping me alive they decided to put me with their best agent, Leon Kennedy.

For the first few days it was hell, we didn't get along at all and I practically begged for another agent to take his place, but nope. After another attempt on my life Leon moved us to an apartment across the city, it's small and Leon insisted he should be with me practically every second of the day, after defeat I finally gave in and that's when we started to get along.

However we're getting along too well...

Before I was only concerned about my own life, I thought I needed someone to protect me, but now I'm thinking it's easier to be on my own. Leon can't get hurt that way, and I can finally escape the clutches of the government, especially after what they've asked me to create...

I scoot further away from Leon in the bed, he groans and rolls over to his side and I let out a small breath. I wait another few minutes before slipping out of bed and getting dressed, once in the kitchen I write a note since I can't bear to just run away.

'Leon,
Thanks for the help, I truly do appreciate it.
I'm on my own now though, I can't keep relying on others, and I need to own up to my mistakes. I'm sorry.
-Y/N'

I leave the note where he can find it then sneak out of the door with only my phone in my pocket. I walk down the hallway and manage to almost reach the stairs before an arm wraps around my middle from behind, another smothers my mouth to stop my scream.

"It's me," Leon gruffly says pulling me to his chest. Shit, I should've knew he'd notice, I mean he is the best agent the government has. "Where are you going?" He mumbles as I try and wriggle out of his grip.

His hand moves away from my mouth as I speak. "Read the note."

Leon huffs a sigh, "Yeah I did, and how exactly are you going to own up to your mistakes?"

My eyes drop, I didn't really get that far, I just knew I needed to get away. Leon lets go of me and I back away from him as far as I can, for a second he looks hurt but he quickly covers it up. "Alright then," he drawls as he steps forward and grabs my arm pulling me back to the apartment, "You need to get back inside-"

"No." I say with defiance, Leon raises his eyebrows at me then sighs and pulls me again harsher.

"I said no Leon!" I snap, pulling out of his hold and throwing a punch, but he catches it and pins me to the wall, his face is inches away from mine and I'm temped to kiss him.

Stupid temptation really.

"Why are you being awkward?" He murmurs, his eyes dart to my lips for a second.

I give him a sarcastic smile, "It's in my nature to piss people off." Leon gives me a pointed look so I think screw it and explain. "I don't want you to get hurt just because I messed up, you shouldn't have to babysit me, and I shouldn't have ever asked."

Leon frowns, "Y/N I want to help you-"

"No you don't, you're just doing your job." I retort.

Leon presses himself against me, the feel of his body gives me flashbacks to earlier, the way he...not now brain.

"Yeah, you're right, I am doing my job, so get back inside before I throw you over my shoulder." He deeply says.

I give him a glare in accusation, and surprisingly Leon isn't bluffing, he leans down and grabs the back of my thighs before throwing me over his shoulder. My world is upside down and I cling onto his thin tee for dear life, Leon's hand covers my ass as he storms back into the apartment and shuts the door with his foot.

He puts me down in the middle of the living room before crossing his arms.

"You can stare at me all you like but I'm still going to run at the next chance I get." I say with narrowed eyes.

Leon's lips tilt into a small smile. "I guess you'll just have to be by my side all the time then, I hope you like your showers hot."

My eyes widen and I search for any clue that he's teasing me, but all I see in his eyes is honesty and something else...lust maybe? No, it's deeper than that.

Fuck, I think he actually likes me.

"I'll just make your life hell, it isn't worth i-"

"Don't ever say that," he says seriously, "your life is worth more than you think, especially to m-" He exhales, "people can change, you're already owning up to the mistakes you made before, I'm not letting that go for nothing."

Feeling defeated I nod, my head drops and I hear Leon step closer to me, his hand reaches out and cups my cheek as he leans down to look at me. "I promise we'll be fine, now go back to bed."

His thumb brushes my cheekbone, I reach up and cover his hand with my own, pulling on his wrist I lead him back to bed.