We Don't Do This| Imagine

I rub my palms over my face, pressing my fingers against my eyelids to ease the headache forming. I sigh and stand up from the bed.

"You don't have to keep pretending you're alright, I know you're not." Leon mumbles, sitting on the end of the bed with his elbows resting on his knees.

I turn to look at him, feeling defensive for some reason, I hate when Leon catches onto my nervousness, I'm an agent, I shouldn't be worried about missions.  "So you're telling me how I feel now? God Leon just drop it." I snap as I walk to my door and back, pacing nervously as I feel the tension build and build.

"I'm just stating facts, it's not my fault you're so private all the time!" Leon finally snaps back, and I  know he's angry now since he hardly ever gets mad at me.

I glare at him, "You're the one who's got the trust issues." I mumble, instantly regretting the thought and my stupid mouth.

Leon stands up and lets out a long breath, crossing his arms he walks over to me, but I move away and his face falls.

"I know people have hurt you in the past, maybe I will too, I mean you said it yourself, I deal with my shit alone." I say, lifting my eyes to meet his frown.

"That's bullshit, I know you'd never hurt me on purpose, you're just used to being on your own, but I'm here now and I want you to know that you can rely on me." He tells me, placing his hands on either side of my face and forcing me to look up at his blue eyes.

"None of this is fair on you, maybe you should get your things and leave " I whisper, and he takes a step back as if I've slapped him.

He shakes his head and runs a hand through his hair, muttering to himself before heading past me and downstairs. I instinctively follow as he grabs his jacket from the couch and shrugs it on. He turns around to me, a sad look on his face, but then it changes to determination.

Leon prowls towards me and quickly grabs my middle and puts me over his shoulder, a hand on my ass as he walks towards the front door.

"What the hell are you doing?" I shriek, gripping onto him so I don't fall.

"You said it yourself, I'm getting what's mine and I'm leaving. You're mine and I'm yours, and we don't do this shit." Leon replies as he holds onto me and open the door at the same time.

"Leon, put me down!" I say sternly, but a small smile tilts my lips at this sudden interaction.

Leon obliges, slowly letting me down and holding my hips as he places my feet back on the floor, his hands stay on my hips as I look up at him.

"We don't do this shit." He repeats, this time in a mumble as his eyes dart to my lips.

My eyes will with tears as I see the amount of love and admiration he has for me on his face, and I nod. "I'm so sorry I said those things, I just hate being so weak and worried, agents are supposed to be confident...at the same time I just get so scared that I'm disappointing you, and that you'll realise there's others out there who are so much better than me." I sob, wrapping my arms around his middle as I cry.

Leon shushes me and rubs my back, his arms a strong and steady defence against my wave of anxiety and sadness.

"Babe, I'm sorry too. I fucking love you so much and I wish you knew how much you mean to me, it just pisses me off that I can't do anything to help you, you're the love of my life and my future wife-" He cuts off.

I lean back as his thumbs wipe away my tears, "Marriage huh? I didn't think you were that kind of person." I say, trying to lighten the mood with a watery smile.

"Me either, but then I found you and knew I had to find some way of keeping you around forever." He smirks and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

I nod and breathe him in, savoring his scent and feel. "Let's go back upstairs." I mumble, and he grabs me again, and carries me to bed.