Chapter 9

It took a while for the guys to leave that you ended up kicking them out, because they just wouldn't go. With quick steps you trudged up the main staircase and steered directly to Fires room. In his room you threw yourself directly on his bed and snuggled up in all the comfy blankets. You than dozed off for a bit

Towards evening, you struggled out of his bed and headed for dinner. It was damn strange in the church. It was quiet. Usually you heard someone talking or someone  practicing their instrument, but now...nothing. There were only a few Sisters walking around, going about their business. In the cafeteria it was the same, no jostling who was first in line to eat, no laughing.

You ended up sitting at a table with the Papas and Ghoulettes as you talked. You wanted to get as much energy as possible for tomorrow, so you quickly went back to your room. One last time you wanted to go through the wedding things again, because you just couldn't keep still, even if it did you good to just be alone, in your own thoughts.

You wonder what is going on in Fire's mind right now? Has he finally admitted to the others that he is nervous?

You went through all the notes and were surprised how much planning such a day can have. On the last piece of paper, from all the others, there were many questions. You remember that piece of paper very well. There you wrote down all the things that came into your head during the day, things you still had to do before you forgot them again. A lot of it was already crossed out and done, but there was one thing you forgot. 'Did you find someone to take you to the front of the aisle?'. Damn. You really forgot that one. Walking up to the front by yourself is okay too, right? But since you were little you wanted to experience something like this...

You've thought about it for a long time and you've racked your brains. Great... just before the wedding something like this happens... luckily it's the only point...

Should you go alone? Or should you ask someone? But who? Primo? Secondo? Terzo? Copia? Nihil?

You had a good relationship with all the Papas, but if you had to choose, it would be a close race between Copia and Terzo. They were always there for you... and... listened to you when you were new.

10 minutes later you left the room, having made a decision. You knocked on Copia's office, but he wasn't there, so you went looking for him. In the hallway to the library you found him and even Terzo. They were talking when you went to them and they noticed you. They smiled at you, from which you also had to start laughing directly and were sure you had made the right decision. "Hey Aice. Are you okay?" Terzo asked you as you nervously stood in front of him.

"I um... wanted to ask you guys something.... I know this is super spontaneous, I just totally forgot from all the planning... um... do you two want to walk me down the aisle tomorrow?" their eyes widened as they looked at you in surprise and jumped into your arms. "We'd love to!" they both said completely happy which made you laugh.

You stopped by Cumulus' room for a moment. Sunshine was just with her as they put away a few more things. You just sat down and talked with him for a while. Cumulus' room ended up being perfectly prepared for tomorrow. Your clothes were already hanging there, waiting to be worn by you.

"I'm going to take a shower and then go to bed. See you tomorrow. Love you." you hugged them again as you went into Fire's room. Again there was silence. Strange silence. To get in a good mood you turned on some music and took a shower. After Fires shampoo bottles got a concert from you, you then stood in front of the mirror and got ready for bed.

You put on some of Fire's clothes to keep him close to you, because you kinda missed him a bit. You also snuggled up in his comfy bed.

The last night unmarried. The last hours where you can still legally date other men. I wonder what Fire's doing right now. Maybe he's taking advantage of this if he still have the chance to. Or he's already asleep, maybe talking about you... or dreaming about you....

Since the bed smelled like Fire, you quickly fell asleep dreaming about him all night. And it turned out to be a really sweet dream. It was like a picture book in front of your eyes, where your whole story was replaying and there was always him, the man you love so much. The man with the smile, which gave you butterflies in the stomach again and again.

Around 6 o'clock your cell phone rang. First you wanted to press 'snooze', when you remembered what day it is, then Cirrus burst in and pounces on you. "Aice! Today's the day!" she cheered as she stole your comforter. You just loved that crazy woman. 

She then yanked you out of the bed downstairs where Sunshine and Cumulus were already. They all hugged you tightly when they saw you and were already full of energy. Only the 4 of you had breakfast, when you had a nice, and surprisingly relaxed, morning. You then went to Cumulus room and started to get ready. There was music playing in the background, where you often sang along as you sat in an armchair and watched your bridesmaids get ready.

"So Aice now it's your turn!" rejoiced Cumulus as you then moved so they could get you ready. Sunshine braided your hair as Cirrus did a little makeup on you. Quickly you were ready when you had the chance to see yourself in the mirror for the first time. You were speechless at how pretty they made you, even though they barely did anything.

"Time for the dresses!" Sunshine gleefully clapped her hands as you still looked at yourself in the mirror. "Aice is in love with herself I think." dreamily you looked up at Cirrus as seemingly too fixated to look at you.

You took a few pictures in between when things got really serious. To your surprise, they covered the mirror as you took off Fire's shirt and were already standing in Cumulus' room in your petticoat.