| Rose - Steve Harrington⁶ |

Warnings: none?

Word Count: 3.5k

***
Part 6

The next day we went over to Max's house to look around Billy's room, everything was fine until we moved to the bathroom. First, it was the full bathtub with empty ice bags in it. Then, there was a trashcan with a fanny pack and a bloody whistle in it that belonged to a lifeguard. So we headed to the pool.

"Excuse me," Max said.

"No one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike. And don't try and argue with me. You wanna get electrocuted, go climb a tree." The guy behind the counter didn't even look up as he spoke.

"Yeah, we don't care. We're not here to swim. Or get electrocuted."

"We found this," El held up the fanny pack.

He and the girl beside him looked.

"Does that belong to anyone?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, that's Heather's. I'll get it back to her."

"We could give it back to her."

"You could 'cept she's not here. Bailed on me today. What is this? You girls want a reward or something?"

"No, we're just... Good Samaritans."

Max and I followed Eleven over to a pin board and pointed out Heather's picture.

"Do you think you can find her?" I asked.

El snatched the picture from the board and we went to the showers. Max turned them all on and I helped El put Duct tape over a pair of goggles. Then she started looking for Heather.

"What do you see?" Max asked.

"A door. A red door." El answered.

There was a long pause before El quickly took the goggles off.

"What happened?" Max and I asked.

El continued panting for a minute before she told us what happened like she did the night before.

We arrived at Heather's house and Eleven used her powers to open the door, letting us inside. We walked in and looked at the picture hanging on the wall, confirming that it was Heather's house. We heard laughing coming from the other room and followed it to see Billy sitting at the dining table with Heather's parents.

"Max," Billy said.

"We didn't mean to barge in. We tried to knock but maybe you didn't hear us over the storm." Max explained.

"I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" Tom asked.

"I'm sorry." Billy chuckled. "Janet, Tom, this is my sister Maxine."

"Oh!" Janet exclaimed as Billy stood and walked over to us.

"What on earth are you doing here? Is something wrong?"