| Summer Nights - Steve Harrington |

Warnings: none

Word Count: 1.1k

***

It was a dark summer night, and I was sitting at my vanity, putting on a little bit of makeup, when I heard a knock on my window. I excitedly got up and opened the window, knowing exactly who it was.

"Hey, you." I said, smiling at Steve.

"Hey, gorgeous," He replied, quickly kissing me before I moved to let him in.

"Okay, I need your help real quick."

"What's up?" He asked, sitting on my bed.

"I can't choose between two outfits and I need your opinion," I answered, grabbing the outfits from my wardrobe and holding them up.

"Is that my jacket?" I nodded. "What's under it?" A small grin appeared on my face. "So just the jacket?"

"Just the jacket," He smiled, pointing to the second outfit. "I thought you might pick this one," I laughed.

I slipped off my clothes and put on the outfit Steve picked, then got my shoes on. Steve climbed back out my window and also helped me make my way out. We carefully rushed to his car and got in.

"So, where we going, Harrington?" I asked.

"I can't tell you yet," He answered.

"What can you tell me?"

"I can tell you that I think you'll like it,"

"Your lack of detail is boring me, wake me up when we're there."

He softy laughed, resting hand on my thigh. I placed my hand on top of his and closed my eyes.

Steve had done as I asked of him and woke me when we got there. I couldn't believe how tired that nap made me, but I powered through and got out of the car. Steve and I walked along the trees, hand in hand, for just a few minutes before he stopped us.

"I have something for you," He said, reaching in his pocket.

He pulled out a gold necklace with a heart locket on it, that had some details engraved into it. With my mouth agape, I took the necklace and opened the heart, to see a small picture of Steve and I from a photo-booth on our first date. It was absolutely perfect.

"Steve..." I whispered.

"I wanted to get you like a promise ring, but I know you don't like rings." He explained.

"Baby, why are you being so sweet?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"'Cause I love you so much, that it scares me a little." He softly chuckled at himself as I pressed my lips to his.

"I love you so much." I said, kissing him once again. "Can you put it on me please,"

"Of course, my love,"

I turned around after giving him the necklace, moving my hair out of the way, so he could put it on. Once it was clasped together, he fixed my hair before, he turned me around, and gazed at me with an adoring smile on his face. Only, I didn't notice with my eyes glued to the locket that rested against my chest.