𝐈. border patrol sucks

pocket full of posies
i. border patrol sucks

━━━━━ BORDER PATROL SUCKED.

You may be asking, what is border patrol? Good question. It was quite boring and painfully dull. You stood on the border ( that's where the border patrol part came from ) and patrolled ( and that's where the patrol part came in ) for any monsters.

But why do they have border patrol? That was another great question. The answer? Luke fucking Castellan.

( Posie didn't know Luke's middle name, all right? )

Okay, well, she didn't have any solid proof it was the son of Hermes, but she was pretty damn sure! A gut feeling. A feeling from her gift of foresight. And a dream she witnessed not too many nights ago.

It wasn't as scary as many of her other nightmares, but it was certainly as just as jarring and eye-opening. The blond son of Hermes stood at the base of Thalia's pine tree, some weird vial in his hand with oozing green liquid.

The boy looked around, almost comically, before poisoning Thalia's tree. Helplessly, Posie had to watch as the tree's pine needles slowly turned a sickly yellow as Luke Castellan ran off, practically a thief in the night, stealing away the last of Thalia's life force. There wasn't anything Posie could do from her dreams, all she could do was just watch and curse Luke's name for all eternity.

And the next morning, after waking up and hitting her head on the bunk bed above her, Posie ran all the way to Chiron to tell him what she saw. But Chiron already knew. Posie was too late and there wasn't anything she could do while awake, either.

( Some gift of foresight, she thought bitterly. How can this help if I see what's already transpired? It's not like I can stop Luke now. )

All of this to say, border patrol sucked and Luke Castellan was the cause of it. But Posie was used to that now. After all, Luke was the one to join Kronos' rising.

Posie liked looking for the good in situations. Now, of course, with Thalia's tree poisoned, there wasn't much good to look for, but Josephine found one thing; having border patrol with Wyatt Fitzgerald.

So they could complain about how much they border patrol together, of course. It's not like Posie willingly sought out Wyatt's company. No, that wasn't it at all.

Besides, it was nice to have Wyatt around in case some monsters did attack. He was tall and burly, especially compared to Posie's skinny legs and spindly arms. ( She can't help the fact she hasn't grown into her body yet! ) And Wyatt was nice to talk to; he would laugh at Posie's crappy jokes; he would give her tips on how to become a better swordsman; and he would curse Luke's name with her.

"You wanna dye your hair pink?" he asked her, grinning slightly.

"Yeah, pink's amazing!" Posie nodded. "But I don't want to bleach my hair. And Lee would have a fit if I even suggested the idea to him."

"Then just don't tell Lee." Wyatt shrugged.

"You sound like Connor and Travis."

He gave Posie an offended look. "Don't ever compare me to them again!"

She raised her eyebrows and looked off. "Then don't say stuff that they would say ..."