33. It will be okay.

Start from the beginning

"Oh, no, don't worry, that's not why I spaced out. It's just... it's a nice skill to have. Ya know? Making people feel like things are gonna be okay by just smiling at her. I could never do that. Most people avoid me just because of my facial expression, apparently I look like a bitch" Dana shrugged, laughing a bit, but she looked kind of sad about it as well, "I guess that's not too far off from the truth"

"Bullshit! You're one of the kindest people I know. Fuck everyone who thinks otherwise" Riley said, her tone rising

"No, that's not fair. I don't exactly make effort to be nice to people" she said.

"You're nice to me. And... you're nice to AJ" Riley said, adding the second part a bit more hesitantly.

"Yeah, but I'm in love with you, you're the one for me, ya know?" She said, making Riley smile, "and AJ... well how can you not be nice to AJ, she's so sweet and kind, a bit reserved, but in a good way, and she tries to help everyone and... " Dana stopped halfway as if a realization had hit her and she looked at Riley with shock on her face. Riley on the other hand was smirking at Dana, trying not to laugh.

"Oh god..." Dana whispered.

"You really do like her" Riley laughed.

"No, no... oh god... this is horrible! I'm a horrible person! What was I thinking? I can't like somebody else's girlfriend!" Dana said, straightening up from the bed so fast that she almost made Riley fall of.

But the brunette girl sat up as well, now more firmly and positioned herself in a way that she could look Dana directly into her eyes.

"It's not like you can control it... if that was the case then we wouldn't even be looking at other people, right? We wouldn't even be having this conversation" Riley shrugged.

"Doesn't matter. Just because we have this kind of relationship, doesn't mean that other people will be comfortable with as well. Hell, it's new to me as well!" She said, getting louder, panic cutting into her voice. Riley took a deep breath and scooted over to Dana, taking her hands in her own.

"Hey, don't panic. It's just a crush. But yeah... I guess you do have to get over it. I mean Lin and AJ are kind of perfect for each other. I doubt either of them would even consider anybody else" Riley spoke.

"So how do you explain Lindsey kissing you last night?" Dana asked, not in a questioning way, she seemed genuinely confused by the whole thing.

"A drunken mistake" Riley shrugged. Dana took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay... I do need to get over it. And I will, soon! AJ is just a friend, a good friend, that's all" she said, sadly, Riley pressed her lips together and rubbed Dana's hands with her thumbs, then she smiled and leaned closer to the other girl, kissing her gently.

"It will be okay"

                                              ~•~

AJ walked back to the dorm, feeling exhausted after a draining lesson and dropped her bag on the floor immediately after walking in, not noticing the blonde girl standing in the middle of the room, looking nervous.

Once AJ looked up and saw Lindsey, she jumped from surprise.

"Oh, Jesus! Why didn't you say anything?" AJ said, pressing a hand on her heart.

"Sorry, I'm sorry!" Lindsey answered quickly. Her response made AJ grimace.

"Uh... it's okay? I mean I was scared, but not... that scared" AJ said and stared at her. The blonde was looking at her with sad puppy eyes. AJ had often noted how big Lindsey's eyes were, and they would widen even more when she was sad or excited. Like right now... something was wrong.