Chapter: 03

"Here's your coffee, Sakshi."

The woman turned to face the voice that was beckoning her. Riddhi, her new flatmate, was also her coursemate. She'd had several interactions with Riddhi, and she was a female with a brave and sensitive nature. Riddhi, like Sakshi, was having difficulty finding a place to stay.

During one of the project meetings, Sakshi's dear friend, Vijay, who had served as a father figure to her during this period of her life, informed her of Riddhi's need. And so began their joint quest for a home.

They began house hunting together every day and every week, and after a month of walking down every block, they found a house that fit their aesthetic. 

Sakshi was grateful to Vijay since she would have missed an incredible friend like Riddhi if it hadn't been for him. She still had trust difficulties and was scared to open up, but when the woman spoke, everything in her life gave Sakshi cause to believe her. 

They have now been together for three months. She was a kind friend, and most importantly, she listened to what others said. 

"What exactly are you thinking about?" Riddhi inquired, handing Sakshi the coffee mug and sitting on one of the used bean bags they had purchased.

Sakshi smiled as she shook her head. "Just thinking about our house hunting."

"Baapre! That was so exhausting!" Riddhi responded with a dramatic sigh which made Sakshi chuckle. "However, house hunting helped us get to know each other better."

Sakshi nodded her head. "True that!"

"So cheers to that mate!" Riddhi grinned.

"Cheers to that!"

The new friends were in complete silence, with only the chirping of birds filling their ears. 

"Soo...," Riddhi elaborated, prompting Sakshi to raise an eyebrow in question. However, Riddhi responded with a mischievous smile rather than a response. 

"What exactly is it, Riddhi?" Sakshi knitted her eyebrows together. "You do know you can ask me anything, right?"

Riddhi nodded her. "I know Sakshi."

"Then shoot the question right away," Sakshi said taking a sip of her coffee. 

With a grin, she drew her orange bean bag closer to Sakshi's. Riddhi smiled cheshiredly as she cleared her throat. "What's his name?" Riddhi asked.

"Kya?"

"What kya?" Riddhi replied. "All I hear at night is your laughter. Can you tell me who is that guy?" With a pout, she questioned Sakshi.

Sakshi chuckled and tapped Riddhi on the head. "I was watching the office series, woman," she said.

Riddhi shook her head with a tsk. "You are lying!" Riddhi pointed out. "Aaand you are taking a sip of coffee right to hide your blush behind it," Riddhi smirked at her friend as she pointed out the fact.

Sakshi's cheeks flushed even more as she heard her friend's words. "What? No!" Sakshi attempted to dispute everything Riddhi was saying. "Pfft, you're just assuming things," Sakshi mumbled.

"Yeah, right!"

Riddhi coughed, suppressing her erupting chuckle. 

Sakshi narrowed her eyes. "Fine...", She drawled her response. "So there's this guy..."

"Who is handsome, charming, and bleh bleh right," Riddhi said, causing Sakshi to giggle.

"Something like that," she said, her cheeks turning a pale pink.

Riddhi knelt in front of her buddy and mimicked the motion of throwing evil eyes away from Sakshi. "Nazar na Lage," she said quietly.

Sakshi smiled broadly at her buddy and laid her mug down. Sakshi breathed peacefully, tucking her stranded hair behind her ear. "He's well, Riddhi. There are numerous similarities between us. Speaking with people might be tedious at times, but I never felt that way with him. It's fine, Riddhi, and I'm happy."

Riddhi felt relieved to see Sakshi happy after such a long period. She had witnessed the girl go through a lot in her life. It may not be as tough as other lives, but everything that happens in one life makes it difficult. Riddhi smiled as she embraces Sakshi.

"I know everything you're feeling right now is new to you," Riddhi replied, causing Sakshi to agree. "However, as someone who has been in your shoes, I advise you to think clearly before making any decisions, okay?"

"Alright," Sakshi said.

"Make your decision when you're in the right frame of mind. Never mix friendship and love, hmm," Riddhi said again, making Sakshi grin.

The prospect of being rejected is the most difficult thing to bear, and it is made even more difficult when feelings are only one side of the coin. When you suspect they have affection for you but they claim it was merely a friendly flirtation. Oh my God, that hurts so much!

"So, when will I get an intro to this dude?" Riddhi joked, her brows wagging. 

 "Soon,"

"Acchaa," Riddhi muttered nodding her head, "Soon," she parrotted Sakshi. Getting up from her bean bag she winked. "I'm waiting when will this 'soon' arrive."

"You!"

°°°°

The aggressive tapping of the laptop keys could be heard in the usually silent coffee shop. Her gaze was fixed on the screen, and her fingers were pressing the keyboard. Her deadline for submitting her assignment was approaching, which was causing her concern. She sighed as she sipped her fourth cup of coffee of the day. It was already half past five o'clock in the evening.  

She took out her phone to take a break from the assignment. She came across the stories of her ex-roommates while scrolling through her social media profiles. Her heart was jerking in anguish. They never considered her a friend, did they? 

Sakshi opened the gallery to an image of her family that made her happy not wanting to ruin her mood. She jumped in her seat as she noticed a sharp snap of fingers in front of her. Looking up, she smiled at the man who made her smile and flush profusely just by seeing his face.

"Hello, Luv,"

°°°°

Hello!

I hope everything is going well for everyone.

The third chapter of the story is now out, and I hope you enjoy it. I'd like to warn you all that these may not be the normal cliche stories that I've written or read previously. This novel is written with the idea that each person will go through their own life. Please be patient with me.

I've also created an Instagram account for this profile. So go look it up.

Thank you.
K.B 

PS: Don't forget to comment, vote and share this story!