ACT 1 - Chapter 10: The Spider Society

When Beck woke up again, they were laying on a bridge, rubble all around them; they jolted up, almost in a panic, looking from side to side at the few people near them. They were staring as if they'd seen a monster, and maybe that was the case: Beck's arms still looked weird, even worse than they remembered as now their hands and forearms seemed to be covered in some sort of thread, similar to silk, and their vision was still sketchy and partially devoid of color, as if they were seeing a storyboard of the world surrounding them instead of how it was supposed to be. "What the hell is happening...?"

Then it all came back to them: Johnathon, the collider, their visions of destruction... they had to tell their Spiderman about it! 
Beck got back up on their feet and ran across the bridge, soon spotting Hobie, their Spiderman and the other two.
"Guys!"
They ran up to the Spider group.
"Guys we need to find my friend, he's going to- ..."

As soon as they came up to the end of the bridge, they began noticing strange glitches enveloping the buildings in front of them, and when they looked down, they froze. A massive black hole had opened... where the Alchemax skyscraper used to be. It was the only thing their vision could see clearly, like a Vantablack splotch on a watercolored sketch canvas.

"Uh... guys, what's that?" Pavitr asked, sounding unnerved.

"It's a metaphor for capitalism-" Hobie replied, causing Gwen to lightly shake her head. "It's a lot worse than that..."

"John..." Beck muttered. They couldn't believe he'd just let something like that happen in another universe, without a care in the world...

Before they could add anything else, they felt a presence from above, and looking up they saw a familiar portal open up: the same one Hobie had hopped out of before. Slowly, a strange spider tank descended, it was white and highly futuristic in design... it made Beck's skin crawl. What was that? Just how many absurd things would they have to live through that day?

They wished they hadn't thought that... because as soon as that thing landed, a bunch more Spider people came rushing out of it, leaving them absolutely shocked.

A black woman lead the group, and began giving out orders to clear out the area from civilians and contain the hole, which was swiftly spreading. She gave Miles a cold look when he tried introducing himself, but soon her glance shifted towards Beck, who flinched.

"You..." she began. "I saw the reconstruction of the events in the warehouse... you're Spot's 'friend', aren't you?" she inquired.

Beck felt a bit nervous, not only because they were completely under shock, but also because of how she'd referred to them and Johnathon.
"I'm... yes, I'm his friend..." they replied, looking back at the woman. "I was trying to stop him... back at the warehouse- I-I didn't know this would happen!"

"It's okay..." she replied, in an oddly soft voice, though it was clear there were many things displeasing her at the moment "Did he also do... that to you?"

"N-no this... he- he said it's because of radiations, I-I don't know, I can't understand anything anymore, none of this feels real-"

"Please don't panic... we'll get you back home soon" she reassured the panicking artist. "But first..." she muttered, looking back at the younger Spideys "Miguel wants you all back at HQ, including you..." she said, pointing at Miles.

"I'm invited to HQ? Woo!"

The trip to HQ really didn't help Beck's current state of mind, as they slowly began to question whether things were truly happening or not. The whole thing just felt like a massive dream, and they almost wished it was... maybe soon they'd wake up in their bed, and Johnathon would still be chilling in their apartment and making waffles for them. No money theft, no collider mess, no 'alternate universe' Spideys-