Chapter 17: The Search Begins

Start from the beginning

The hooded figure on the roof disappeared and everything came back to how it was. That was one hell of a scene, if only I had my suit, it's not going to be hell, it's going to be a purgatory. Nah, just kidding. Now that I have a clue in my hand, I should go to a safe place.

Just around the corner of a building, there's a small spot I made in case I were ever to be in trouble...or...lazy. Oh come on! Don't act like nobody would got lazy doing the same thing over and over again.

I might be added to the wanted list of the World Serpent, or maybe not? No time to be thinking about that, let's check these documents. I slide my fingers into the middle of the document, opening the first page, containing data regarding Kiana Kaslana. Her age, biology, characteristics, weight, height, blood type, the main thing is, almost everything is there, there's even a background, though I assumed it's not complete due to the sudden end at the last sentence of the last paragraph.

It is not clear whether or not if I could trust this, but this is the only thing I could depend on. The only close-to-trustworthy source there is available. 

「 Subject: K423
      Name: Kiana Kaslana
      Age: 18(Assumed)
      State of Origin: Shicksal's Laboratory, Lab eA-401-435
      Gender: Female
      Species: Clone/Herrscher

Kiana Kaslana, otherwise known as K423, is a being created in a laboratory, serving as a purpose to fulfill Otto Apokalypse's goal. She is the adoptive daughter of Siegfried Kaslana, alongside being a vessel for the 2nd Herrscher — Herrscher of the Void. Kiana Kaslana has messy white hair that's often tied into two big braids. Normally, her eyes are a bright sea blue, which is in contrast to the quiet, yet deadly, golden eyes of the sleeping Herrscher within, she's 163 cm in height and 49 kg in weight. 

Kiana Kaslana, or K423, at first is a very braggy, overconfident, bright and 'idiotic' girl who has a liking to food. She was happy-go-lucky, and confident she could do anything and that she was the best. She often smiled, even if she was injured, and adored the company of her friends. She is brave and outgoing, even daring to take the Gem of Serenity even if it might've killed her.
However, as the 4th Honkai Eruption occurs by her hands by her 'true self', Kiana drastically changes. She matures into a person who is trying to find the resolve to counter the 2nd Herrscher haunting her, and in her guilt she becomes a much more quiet, mature and thoughtful person, often carrying a serious face. Although she found the resolve to keep going, she is still afraid of anyone getting hurt because of her.

1」

What the hell is this? I thought this would give me the information I need in order to find Kiana, well, I guess I did ask for everything. Either way, this all just seems...unbelievable. Lab eA-401-435, huh? I guess I'll need to check on that with Otto later on. In the meantime, I'll see what the second page has to offer.

「Kiana Kaslana's current state is not certain. Further evaluation tells us that it's just a matter of time before Kiana Kaslana turns back to the Herrscher of the Void. Kiana Kaslana didn't want to be found and purposefully fled far away from everyone. She didn't want anyone, especially the people who were close to her the most to find her. It is due to the trauma and guilt of the death of her captain, Himeko Murata. Fu Hua, through Fenghuang Dawn, has been attempting to comfort Kiana, though it is assumed to be a failure due to Kiana's unchanged actions. The guilt, the regret, the pain, and all the negative thoughts she was having were eating away at her from the inside and getting worse with each day. The Herrscher personality within her wasn't helping by reinforcing these ideas and blaming her for everything that has happened, especially for Himeko's death. We might need to accelerate our plans on Arc City due to this.