Chapter 57: No Good Title

The white dragon and the Huoyunjiao fought in the air for a moment before falling down, their bodies covered in bloodstains.

The Huoyunjiao landed nearby, roaring at the white dragon, its sharp howl piercing the eardrums.

Zuo Yuezhi, mindful of the white dragon's identity, stepped forward to stop the Huoyunjiao.

Unfortunately, the Huoyunjiao was neither his spiritual beast nor able to restrain itself when faced with dragon blood. Its wild nature took over, its eyes turning red, unable to stop itself.

When the white dragon's body landed, it encircled Gu Fuyou and the other two.

Struggling to stand up, it growled deeply, fresh blood oozing from its interlocking sharp teeth, flowing down like a blood column, scorching the eyes on the green bricks.

Gu Fuyou ran and crawled to the front of the white dragon, without hesitation, she pried open its mouth.

Anticipating her intentions, the white dragon quickly dodged backward.

Gu Fuyou had already lifted its upper jaw and reached in, and her slender white arm was cut by its sharp fangs, causing blood to gush, dripping into the white dragon's mouth.

The white dragon seemed to be angered by this, lowly growling at Gu Fuyou, issuing two short roars. Blood continued to flow from its mouth, staining its white teeth crimson.

Gu Fuyou's figure appeared excessively fragile in front of the white dragon, like a green leaf battered by wind and rain, on the verge of breaking.

She had been constantly worried and frightened for the past few days: the safety of Xiaoyao City, contemplating where to find reinforcements, evading the Zuo family's pursuit, the hostile attitude of Lu Yandong, harboring the Qilin Marrow within herself, and instigating all the conflicts—she was the root of the trouble.

All of these burdens weighed heavily on her heart, and she was on the brink of collapse.

She couldn't bear any more stimulus.

Compared to those cultivators who had lived for thousands or hundreds of years, she had only lived for a little over twenty years. In the world of cultivation, she was still an inexperienced child.

She had grown up under the protection of her parents and brothers, being willful and indulgent, always only considering herself.

She only knew what she wanted to do, without ever thinking about what her parents and brothers wanted to do.

She never considered involving herself in Xiaoyao City and contributing to its growth.

She had never considered the flattery, deceit, and intricate schemes outside—those were her parents' responsibility.

She knew that her privileged position and family background were earned by her parents, but she always acted spoiled and never truly empathized with the difficulties and hardships they faced in maintaining the family.

She had grown up in freedom, shielded from the storms outside by her parents and brothers, who tried to give her a carefree world.

Although she had experienced life and death, there were many dangers in this world more difficult to overcome than life and death.

She had not experienced these true storms.

Until one day, she would have to hold Xiaoyao City's safety in her heart, day and night; worry about the well-being of her parents and brothers within the city, their circumstances; feel remorse for her rash actions that brought endless troubles, and be consumed by guilt for carrying the Qilin Marrow within herself, attracting so much bloodshed.