Chapter 37: Turmoil Rising

Gu Fuyou: "..."

The bell lay motionless on the ground. Gu Fuyou walked over with suspicion, picked it up, and examined it closely.

The bell began to jingle again, piercing Gu Fuyou's eardrums and agitating her inner frustration. She wished she could throw the bell to the ground.

"Is this the Concealing Ear Bell?"

Gu Fuyou turned around.

Zhong Michu stood behind her, retracting the Gengchen sword. Her complexion had returned to normal, and the dragon horns on her forehead had disappeared. Apart from her fatigue and slightly reddened eyes, there was nothing unusual about her.

"It seems so." In a moment of carelessness, the bell slipped from her hands.

Gu Fuyou exclaimed in annoyance, "Hey!"

The Concealing Ear Bell flew directly to Zhong Michu, circling around her as if examining her. Finally, it shook twice in front of her, producing a gentle sound this time.

Gu Fuyou laughed and scolded, "It's a discerning tool that judges people by their actions."

Zhong Michu noticed the bloodstains on the Concealing Ear Bell and shifted her gaze to Gu Fuyou. "Your hand..."

At Zhong Michu's words, Gu Fuyou absentmindedly raised her palms. There was a deep cut visible down to the bone on her right palm, and fresh blood dripped onto the ground. She had completely forgotten about the injury while her attention was focused on Zhong Michu.

"Give me your hand."

Gu Fuyou followed her instructions.

Zhong Michu took her hand, summoning a small stream of water that cleansed the bloodstains and infused spiritual energy to stop the bleeding.

Gu Fuyou smiled as she watched Zhong Michu perform these actions, not feeling any pain from the wound.

The Concealing Ear Bell lightly jingled and landed on Zhong Michu's head.

Seeing Zhong Michu with her head slightly lowered, the bell resting on top, she looked endearing.

Gu Fuyou couldn't help but chuckle, "It seems to really like you."

Zhong Michu absentmindedly responded, "Hmm."

Gu Fuyou thought that the Concealing Ear Bell had never displayed strong offensive capabilities throughout their encounter. If what the books said was true, it was far from unleashing its full power.

She pondered, "Perhaps we unintentionally entered its territory, and it wasn't actively attacking us."

They had fallen into an inescapable illusion because of their unresolved inner conflicts.

Lost in her thoughts, Gu Fuyou suddenly felt a sharp pain in her hand.

Zhong Michu used a handkerchief to quickly bandage her hand and tied a firm knot.

Gu Fuyou looked at the knot on the back of her hand, resembling a pair of perked-up white rabbit ears. She played with it using her fingers.

Zhong Michu said, "Don't do foolish things like grabbing a sword with your hand next time."

Her tone was filled with helplessness.

It turned out that she remembered what happened when they were immersed in the illusion earlier.

Gu Fuyou was about to say something when the ground suddenly shook with a loud rumble.

Gu Fuyou's expression changed, "Is it Gu Huaiyou and the others?!"