And he knows a thing of two of having to be responsible.

The blade was particularly small in Neteyams hands, light, easy to handle. He went to touch one of the sharp grooves on the knife, and a red dot immediately formed from the pressure he applied.

It was wonderfully crafted. Neteyam wasn't an expert in Metkayina knives, but this one he could tell was made from the finest crystal that nourishes on this island.

In the shade, it looked as if it was dark and gray, nothing more than a rock, but the minute he stuck it out in the sun, the emerald color reflected off onto him. The designs and markings carved into the knife telling its own story.

With a slight huff of a laugh, he could imagine her face of horror once she realized what she had left behind. Probably waited, lurking behind a tree to stay hidden, as she made sure he had left before looking for her knife.

He could imagine the fit she threw and hate that coursed through her veins as she came to the realization he had taken it, probably expecting his return with it any day now.

He leaned his head back against the exterior of his families Marui in frustration, closing his eyes as another gush of wind cooled his skin as he played with the sharp edges of the knife, feeling it on his fingertips.

Just as he begun to relax, a small yell disrupted him. Neteyam turned to see a Metkayina girl, scrambling to pick up the now scattered fish and desperately trying to gather them all inside an all too big basket for her size.

He stood up and made his way towards her, putting away the knife as he walked to secure it safety.

" Here, let me help you." he told the girl with a soft smile, as he carefully took the basket from her hands and began to scoop them all up quickly. Once he was finished, he tightened the cover to make sure another accident doesn't happen again before passing the basket back to her gently.

The girl stared at him with wide eyes, a shining aqua color that reminded him of the ocean surrounding them. She seemed slightly frightened and hesitant, but she smiled softly, " Thank you very much."

She spoke quietly and gratefully, but Neteyam could tell by the way she struggled to make eye contact with him she was quite shy and probably uncomfortable with his presence. With a slight bow of his head, he waved a small goodbye before turning to head back.

He only took two steps before her soft voice called out to him, " Wait!" she said loudly before seeming to have scared herself by her volume, then speaking lower once she had his attention, " Please allow me to give you some, we have plenty and I'm very grateful for your help."

" No problem, our family has plenty to eat so do not worry about that." he assured her.

She looked down at the basket in her hands and Neteyam caught on the way she kept trying to readjust her grip, " I insist, you'd actually be helping me take off some weight."

After a thought, he walked up to her and grabbed the basket from her hands, taking the weight off her and tilted his head to signal her, " Lead the way."

Neteyam thought her eyes would pop out from how wide she had them, " No please don't, I have a bit of a way to go and this is very heavy."

" It's no problem for me so I'll go ahead and take it for you." he shrugged his shoulders, " Besides, I have nothing better to do."