Tenshi no Namida

'Thinking' 

"Talking" 

// Yuugi to Yami Mind Link// 

\\ Yami to Yuugi Mind Link\\

o.o.o.o.o

Darkness. Darkness all around. No Light. No hope. Cold...

So cold.

It was all he registered, as his soul floated within a sea of black nothingness. Pain bought agonized tears to his eyes as another constricting chain dug into his flesh like razor wire. But he didn't bother screaming- the nameless soul's voice had died out, long ago.

Up his arm, carving into his bicep. Down his abdomen. Across his cheek.

Blood seeped slowly from spiritual wounds. But it amounted to nothing, compared to his he felt in his heart.

It felt empty. Colder and more alone than the Shadows around him.

Can'tbreathesosocold...

Were his eyes open, or closed? He couldn't tell. Complete Darkness enveloped his form.

'Where is my Light?'

It was the most coherent thought he had had this entire, Hellish ordeal. The Light... The Angel...

The warm, soft, loving, crying Guardian Angel.

He felt comfort in that memory. The only one he had.

Sweet, warm-air arms holding him. Skin white as the light it contained. Jagged, intriguing hair. Spiking up, like frozen Shadows, laced with blood, framed by electricity. Eyes purer than any gemstone or precious metal ore within the earth.

Diamond tears falling from a perfect face.

/-Mou Hitori no Boku!/

Yugioh stiffened within his chain confines, blinking barely-opened eyes wearily. He could... what... What was that?

'L...Light...'

A small orb of purity, dancing along in the distance like a singular firefly. It weaved, to and fro, with grace that was otherworldly, like rain across flower petals, before falling with small ripples into a glass-water pond. Disturbing the shadows and murk beneath the surface.

'Sweet sweet Light...'

And with its comforting embrace, Yugioh found himself able to see. To feel. To think.

He saw his own body, trapped in spiked chain links, digging into his bare flesh. (A/N: Yes, he's nude. I figured, since he doesn't have any memories or anything, and he's a spirit... yeah. Don't judge.) Blood trickled down what he could see of his legs, body curled into a fetal position. His arms here bound before his chest, spattered in droplets of scarlet.

He wanted desperately to reach out, for that tantalizing Light. But it hurt. It hurt so bad!

'Come to me... my Little Light... I-I... don't have the strength...'

He felt sadness sweep over him, delicate noises that broke his heart sounding in his ears. Was the Angel crying again?

The sound of a pulse.

B-bmp. B-bmp. B-bmp.

The Light began to glow brighter. It darted and swirled like blinding fire. He felt the presence, in the back of his heart and mind.

/.../

Lingering hope. Tears. Flames. Heat. Pain. Pleading, begging to be left behind. 'Save yourself...' he thought absently.

A... a memory?

He had been here before. The Light had saved him. Many, many times, the Light had saved him...

The Light was closer now, chasing away the chains. The Darkness around him shrieked, and shrank away slowly. His hands were free. A translucent manifestation of clothing began to cover his naked flesh. (A/N: hehehe Yami's nude... *le maturity/nosebleed* XD)

'Light... my Light... Hikari-mine...'

Monsters and spells. Friendships. Rivalries. Blinding sun, burning heat. A land of desert sand and power. He had power. Sealed away... to save the world? A monster crafted by hate and magic. Sealed with his soul.

Heart... Heart... Love.

The Light gave a golden flash... and he could see.

He saw them. This Angel, and his memories.

'I want to be with you always... Even if I don't get my memories back.'

'M... Me too... Forever...'

Smile. Tears.

'I will... give you all of my memories.'

His heart palpitated, a strange heat flooding his cheeks.

Game.

That word kept popping into his thoughts.

Game.

But... it seemed to hold a sort of importance to it. It sounded desperate, like the word 'Game' had a special meaning to it.

Game.

No... not the word 'Game'...

A name.

Game.

Yuugi.

/Darkness... please remember me.../

He blinked, feeling sleepy.

Darkness? Darkness...

Yami... Hikari...

'Yu.... Yuugi...' he thought, 'A-Aibou...'

The Light's presence seemed to falter, and fade. 'No!' he wanted to shout, feeling the shadows wrap around him in a cold veil.

/I'll see you after school... my Yami./

'Iie! No, no! Please, Angel, don't leave! It's cold! It hurts! Come back, Yuugi! My Light, my Angel!' Tears started to gather in dull crimson eyes.

He let out a hoarse, agonized scream as the Darkness began to conceal him again.

'No! Please! I remember! I remember him! Let me go back, I need to see my Aibou!'

He could feel the sadness and hopelessness Yuugi was feeling. He was near the breaking point. He saw... horrid, dark thoughts crossing his beloved's mind.

Ones of being hated. Forgotten.

Ones of suicide.

A voice broke through the Shadows.

"He needs you, Pharaoh."

'He... he does...'

"I've lost my wife, my children, my son-in-law, all before their time. Please, Yami... Grant my wish."

Yami blinked as he felt a tingling pressure in his chest.

"Go to Yuugi. Save my grandson."

A shuttering noise clanged around the dank environment of the Puzzle's insides. It sent reverberations through Yami's very soul.

The last piece had been placed.

The Sennen Puzzle's power of Unity would bring two lost souls together, once again.

o.o.o.o.o

ONE CHAPTER LEFT! WOO! ;D

I hope you enjoyed this little chapter. Sorry if the last two have been a little boring ^^;