4

It's been two years since me and Mori started dating. Everything has been going well between the both of us,but I keep noticing people who are close to us keep giving me sad looks.

I asked Mori about it and he told me people are worried about our difference in work affecting us. Well with his answer it made sense but deep down I felt there was more to it.

On a certain day, I told Ranpo to meet me at the cafe, so I could find out the reason behind all the worried looks my workers gave me.

He came and sat opposite of me. He had a serious expression on his face and I felt kind of nervous about the answer I may receive from him.

He asked "well prez what's the problem". I responded " I want to know why everyone at the office keeps giving me weird looks".

He sighed and told me" that's something you should know for yourself ". I scoffed " if I knew would I be asking you.please just tell me what's wrong"

He said something so little that rocked my world. "Mori is dead". I laughed nervously at his words. "What are you saying,Mori is alive, I saw him just this morning before coming to the agency".

He looked regretful at the next words that were about to come out of his mouth." Look Mori has been dead since the last two years.After his funeral you had completely gone mia on the agency for months".

I was speechless and could barely comprehend the crap he was telling me. I stood up angrily and left the cafe.I did not go back to the agency because I did not want to face anybody at the moment.

I went back home just to see mori in the kitchen, but he wasn't doing anything he just stood there. I called him and he turned to face me with a knife in his hands.

I explained to him what had happened not to long ago. He didn't say anything but stayed quiet and kept staring at me. I lightly shook him and told him to say something anything.

Immediately those words came out of my mouth, I saw red liquid and looked up but he wasn't there anymore. It was like he never existed.

Come to think of it anytime I tried getting close to him, he would never be there again. Oh shit Ranpo was right, I had been living a lie for so long.

So that means I fucking just stabbed myself and the damn blood belonged to me. Now what have I done, I just sat there and recalled the day I confessed to Mori.

It was raining that day he and me were seated at a small cafe to avoid the rain." Look I have something to tell you"we both said at the same time. He laughed and said "you go first". " Mori I'm sure of what I am about to tell you, Mori I have feelings for you and would love to get to know you".

I looked at him and quietly waited for him to digest this new information."well damn" I heard him say, "I thought I would be able to beat you first at confessing" I was overjoyed and laughed and he looked at me with a bright smile on his face.

We got talking and an hour later, he got a call, he told me he had to leave and that he would see me tomorrow. I watched as he left and was still smiling and did not realize the rain had stopped falling.

I got up and left the cafe...............

I woke up early excited because today I would be spending time with Mori.
Only for me to get to the agency and hear about Mori passing away.

I stormed into my office and threw a fit. I broke everything in my office and wasn't satisfied. I cried so much my eyes were red instantly. Kunikida and Ranpo barged in and straight away tried to comfort me but didn't know how to.

Atusushi and dazai escorted me back to my house. They stayed for awhile and left when it was late. My life came to a halt yet there was always repetition in it until his funeral.

I said some words and went back to sit. koyou came up to me and said " he loves you and want you to live a happy life ". Guess she knows about how we feel towards each other.

I asked a question, I have being dying to ask " how did he die ?" . She looked ahead to were his coffin was at and simply said "an enemy got to him quicker before we could".

"Bullshit so you're telling me you all are incompetent" she didn't even try to defend herself or the Mafia. Honestly I didn't know where all this anger was coming from so I got up and left .

Tears rolled down my eyes as I succumbed to darkness. What would Mori say if he saw me like this, I can't believe I allowed myself to bleed to death. Ironic isn't it that the shitty first aid kit is fucking so close. Yet I'm seeing a great distance between me and it.

The End.

884 words 💔🎉
Hope you enjoy it and damn I must say I'm satisfied with this angst. Have a good night or day. Sayonara until next time.