Part 6

You've missed the warmth and energy of a cafe in Seoul, and you try not to think too much about how searching for a new one to try used to be one of your favorite dates with Jungkook.

Your eyes are wandering, appreciating the minimal design yet cozy feel of the cafe when the door opens and Jungkook comes in, clad in ripped jeans and a plain white shirt, greets the barista, and searches the place. He breaks into a smile as he sees you and you stand to greet him in reflex, realizing what that implies.

You stand in front of each other awkwardly, until you both burst into laughter.

"Oh, what the hell? We're having coffee. Come here," he opens his arms out and you approach him and hug him back, smiling into his white musk scent.

"What does having coffee have anything to do with giving you a hug?" You giggle.

"Nothing, actually, I don't know why I said that."

You return his smile and proceed to order, with Jungkook recommending their best-sellers, all of which happen to be your favorites. It's not lost on you that he knows this, too, but there's comfort in knowing he hasn't forgotten.

The food and drinks are decided on, with a slice of pie on the house because apparently, Jungkook's team covered the launch of the cafe when it reopened after rebranding, hence why he's a regular here.

"You sure it's that and not because the server has a crush on you?" You cock an eyebrow, having noticed the flirty smile on the server's face right as Jungkook entered.

"Hmm, maybe it is, but she's written her number on the coffee cup multiple times and I never called; she probably got the message," he shrugs.

"Oh wow, what a heartbreaker," you tease. "Is that part of your image now, huh?"

"Tae says it adds to the charm," he states. "I guess it works though since she still gives me free food every time."

You both laugh and the conversation takes off. He shows photos of his apartment and shares what he envisioned when he chose it, which isn't much. He just needed space big enough to work in and do his exercise since he doesn't want to spend on a gym membership.

You make notes as you go and it's not long after when you leave the cafe and walk the two blocks to his apartment.

"So, this is the place," Jungkook says, as he stands in the middle of his semi-empty living room, boasting the "super comfy" leather couch he got for a cheap price online.

It's a nice loft that he got for a steal, he shares, with good storage space for his exercise equipment that he uses in the common area. The lone upstairs bedroom has a spacious corner, where he wishes to set up his working space. He likes the floor-to-ceiling windows that make up for the lack of outside space, which is fine since there's a park not far away.

You watch him talk about what else he needs, which is definitely a lot, and he laughs at himself for some of the silly purchases he's made because the low price attracted him, that last bit not surprising to you.

In this space that is his own - far from the university dorm he didn't like you visiting him at because of how tiny and unkept it was - where he can rest and create, he looks so free and so much more like himself. Even in your seven years together, it wasn't a normal occasion seeing him look this proud and this happy.

"I don't want to limit your creativity so buy whatever you want, don't mind my budget," he breaks you out of your thoughts.

"Am I hearing this right?" You fake gasp. "Jeon Jungkook not minding the budget?"

He playfully rolls his eyes. "I obviously have terrible judgment when it comes to purchasing items but I trust you that you'll make this place feel like home without breaking the bank," he laughs.