【陆】

> ‼️ Contains manga spoilers ‼️ : mild(?) spoilers about the ending, no human deaths mentioned.

— · —

"Haganezuka Hotaru!! Haganezuka Hotaru!!"

A crow noisily greeted Hotaru at his window the next morning, brutally waking him up from his sleep as the first ray of sunlight began to shine above the distant horizon.

"A message from Kamado Tanjiro!! Kamado Tanjiro!!"

"That fucking brat..." he muttered as he clenched his jaw, sensing the anger progressively building up in the air around him.

The crow dropped a package wrapped in a piece of fabric and flew away, soon disappearing into the dim daylight. He cursed under his breath as he took the bundle and unwrapped it. A sword was inside. He took it into his hands as a look of confusion appeared on his face.

"It's not... broken...?"

He carefully examined the sword, his eyebrows tightening into a frown as he ensured that there weren't any anomaly on its blade. A piece of paper fell onto his lap.

"What the-"

He felt completely dumbfounded by this whole situation as he put the sword back onto the floor and picked up the letter, unfolding it as the writings appeared in front of him. He stayed speechless as he stared down onto the letter that he held in his trembling hands; a drop of tear rolled down from his cheek, smearing the ink as it fell onto the paper. He let out a silent sob.

"This... This kid..."

· — · — · — · — · — · — · — · — · — · — · — · — · —

"Dear Haganezuka-san,

Long time no see. I hope that you are doing well!!

First and foremost, I would like to sincerely apologize for all the trouble that I have caused you. My incompetence as a swordsman caused the swords that you've shed blood, sweat and tears for to break and brittle... I am truly sorry for I have not been able to take good enough care of them.

Which is why, now that Kibutsuji Muzan has finally been defeated, I have decided to send this sword back to you. Now that the demon slayer corps has officially dissolved, it won't be of any use to me in the future and I firmly believe that you will be able to cherish it better than I ever could.

This very sword has led Muzan to his downfall by tearing his flesh and burning his wounds; you too have played a huge role in our collective victory. I wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the work that you have done.

You are truly amazing, Haganezuka-san.

Oh, and one last thing... I have made the selfish decision to keep Rengoku-san's hilt. He too has fought with us during our last battles, and for that I am infinitely grateful. I want to be feel his presence and keep his spirit with me for as long as I live.

I hope that you will forgive me.

Please take care.

Sincerely yours,

— Kamado Tanjiro"

· — · — · — · — · — · — · — · — · — · — · — · — · —

A smile of gratitude appeared on his lips.

"So they really did it... They defeated him... Kibutsuji Muzan..."