13

They appeared in front of Rhysand's new home. She quickly stepped out of Eris's warm embrace before she threw all caution to the wind and slanted her lips over his again. To feel him again, to taste him. But that couldn't happen. That could never happen again. She couldn't start something with him without him knowing her. With him calling her Terrin for the rest of their lives. She let her eyes drift away from him and to her surroundings.

Her eyes roamed over the large, beautiful and new building. When Eris knocked on the door, her eyes snapped forwards again. A few seconds passed before the door eased open.

"Hello, how can I -" The female started before her eyes flickered to Eris. "Eris? What are you doing here?"

"I have business with Rhysand, High Lady."

Feyre, the High Lady of the Night Court frowned. "In two weeks."

Her eyes snapped to the Fae next to her. She knew that the meeting with Rhys had been an excuse to come with her, but now she actually had proof. Eris didn't meet her eyes.

"Some business came up." He glanced at Terrin from the corner of his eyes. "And thought I would come over now."

"Alright." She still frowned. Feyre turned to her. "Hi, I'm Feyre." She held out her hand.

I smiled as I shook it. "It's very nice to meet the woman who has captured the grumpy man's heart." She chuckled and Feyre smiled broadly. "I'm Terrin."

"Terrin?" Her eyes widened. "Oh, yes. Everyone is already waiting for you, please come in."

"Thank you." She stepped aside to let her and Eris in. She glanced around the large open living room as she followed the High Lady to another room. When Feyre opened the door to another room, her eyes widened, and a large grin plastered on her face.

"LUCIEN!" She screamed and ran up to him. She jumped when she reached him and wrapped her legs around him as he held her close.

"Gods, Terrin." He whispered in her hair. "It's been so long. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." She buried her head in the crook of his neck, inhaling his familiar scent. She knew the others in the room were watching her, that Eris was watching their interaction. But at the moment, she couldn't care less. She had missed her best friend with everything in her. Someone cleared their throat and Lucien lowered her the floor.

"Eris." Lucien said surprised as he glanced over my head. He looked back to me. "Does he-"

"No, it's a long story." She said. "I'll tell you later." Lucien nodded, still dumbfounded. She turned to Rhys, another large smile spreading across her features. "Rhys."

"Terrin." He smiled and pulled her in a bone crushing hug, lifting her feet from the ground.

"I heard what happened to you." She whispered and she felt him stiffen against her. "I'm so sorry. If I had known -"

He let her feet touch the ground again and pulled back, his hands on her shoulders. "There was nothing you could have done, Ter. Nothing." He pulled my head closer and kissed the crown of my head. She stepped back, letting her eyes roam over the others in the room.

"It's been a long time since I stepped in a room with many gorgeous people." She said, glancing at every one of them. She looked over her shoulder to her travel companion. "No, offense to your brothers."

Eris shrugged, a little smile curling on his lips. The others looked at him in shock, blinking a few times. He quickly dropped the smile, and she turned back around.