Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"We come to you now with revaluations on last week's attack in london. An anonymous source provided this video, it shows Quentin Beck a.k.a. Mysterio moments before his death. A warning you may find this video disturbing." I look towards Peter and both of us are so confused. I look back to see Beck's face on the screen.

"I managed to send the elemental back through the dimensional rift but I don't think I'm going to make it off this bridge alive. Spiderman attacked me for some reason, he has an army of weaponized drones, Stark technology. He's saying that he and Iron Woman are the only ones to be the new Iron Man, no one else." I listen to the full on lies falling out of this man's mouth, people below us are starting to video us.

The video changes and you can see me and Peter's feet as we stand beside Beck, who is on the ground.

"Are you sure you want to commence the drone attack? There will be significant casualties." I hear Edith say

"Just do it, execute them all." You hear Peter say then a bunch of obviously edited gunshots and explosions.

It turns back to the newscaster, "This shocking video was released earlier today on the controversial news website, The Daily Bugle.Net."

"There you have it folks, conclusive proof that Spiderman was responsible for the brutal murder of Mysterio, an inter dimensional warrior who gave his life to protect our planet and who will no doubt go down in history as the greatest superhero of all time." A different newscaster says. I'm shocked that this is even happening.

"But that's not all folks, here's the real blockbuster. Brace yourselves, you may want to sit down." The video then turns back into Beck's face

"Spiderman's real....Spiderman's real name is P-" It glitches and cuts off. It sounds like he is trying to reveal Peter's identity

I grab Peter's hand and squeeze it, then Beck's face shows up again.

"Spiderman's name is Peter Parker! And Iron Woman's name is Taila Davis!" Beck blurts out and suddenly our school photos are up on the screen, showing off our public identities.

I look down panicked, people are recording everything we are doing. Peter's hands fly to his face, "What the fu-"

"Peter! We have to get out of here!" I cut him off

He looks at me then the crowd below us.

"Where? Everyone knows who we are."

"Come on." I pull on his arm and finally he stands up on the pole

I grab him from under the shoulders and shoot off into the sky. I make sure to circle around so people can't track our direction and I head towards my home.

Luckily Dad built it completely off grid, only a select people know where we live, most of are dead now that I think of it. I land us in front of the house and Pepper is waiting outside.

My suit disappears and Peter takes off his mask.

"Pep, did you hear?" I ask

"What happened? Is what he is saying true?"

"Of course not. He twisted it... like he twisted everything else." Peter responds sadly

"Come on." Pepper leads us inside

"What do we do?" I ask

"I don't know."

I look to Peter, both of our lives are changed, forever.

__________________________________

I hope you at least enjoyed the story, I wrote it 3 years ago and just never published it.-T