Part 5

It was Saturday morning and I may or may not have overslept, so the whole car ride to the stadium was quiet since Chase was pissed at me, but I fell asleep again so it didn't bother me.

"Get out loser." Chase yelled at me and I just groaned while grabbing my purse, "hold this too." He handed me his backpack, that thing was heavy. "What do you got in here, bricks?" I asked and he turned around and glared then went back to talking with Molly.

We made it into the pits and we weren't even late so I really don't know why my brother was all pissy. "Hey." Hunter said and smiled, I just looked at him weirdly while dropping Chase's bag on the chair.

"What's up?" I asked and he just shrugged, "how was your date yesterday?" I raised an eyebrow and hold him to shush. "How'd you learn about that?" "Jett told me, he was smiling when he got in the hotel." Hunter explained and I smiled because he had a good time too.

"Did you have fun?" He asked me and I nodded, "Chase is super pissed so don't go near him." I told Hunter when he was about to open the semi door. "What'd you do now?" He said and I laughed and explained.

Jett came out of the trailer when Hunter walked away. "Mornin' Averie." Jett said and sat down next to me, a smile appeared on my face and I said morning back. "You brother just asked Molly out." He said while he was adjusting his riding pants. "Oh god, poor Mols." I said and Jett laughed. Sure enough, Molly came outside screaming 2 minutes later and she came over to me. "Chase asked me on a date!" She yelled and I just nodded while looking at her crazy. "Oh hey Jett." She said and went back to me, "can you believe it?" "No, you guys talk about each other 24/7." I mumbled and she asked what I said.

"Nothing. Now go spend time with your boyfriend." I said and she squealed while running back inside to see Chase.

"Oh wow." Jett said and I laughed, "isn't she something?" I asked and he agreed. "Anyways, I'll be right back, I need to ask Lars something." He said and walked into the semi, I just played on my phone and waited for him to be done.

Somebody was walking and I turned around to see a blonde girl in a monster uniform, "Hey is Jett here?" She asked and smiled, I looked at her and nodded while taking another quick glance, she was really pretty.
"He's with his manager right now." I said and she nodded. "By the way I'm Rylee." She stick her hand out and I smiled while shaking it, "Averie." "Oh you're Averie Sexton?" She asked and I nodded.

"Wow you're pretty." Rylee told me and I raised an eyebrow, "no no no. You are like gorgeous." I said and she smiled. "Aww thanks." "Ave wanna-" Jett began while he walked out the trailer, "oh hey Rylee." He said and smiled. "Austin wants to talk with you for a quick second." Rylee said and Jett nodded.

"I'll be back." He said and walked off with the pretty monster girl, I quietly sighed and then went back to my phone. If only I was that pretty or if I had that body...

"Averie!" Somebody yelled my name and Hunter came around the corner, carrying Starbucks. I looked at him and my smiled faded once I saw what he had, "I brought you something back since Chase was being pissy." Hunter said and I fake smiled. "Aw thanks." I said and set the sugary drink down beside me, there was no way I was going to drink this.

Hunter and I talked for awhile then Jett returned, "oohhh Starbucks." He said and pretended to steal my drink. "You can have it." I said and he shook his head no. "I'm serious." I said and he smiled.

"You would never give up Starbucks, what's wrong?" Hunter joked and I made myself laughed. "I had coffee earlier this morning." I lied, but then I realized I already told Hunter I overslept, but he didn't put the two things together so I got lucky.

Chase and Molly came out then we talked for a little while longer until it was time for the final Honda meeting of the morning, all the boys went away while Molly and I sat there.

"What's wrong?" She asked and I looked up from my phone, "nothing." I said and made it sound believable. "Oh, you seem quiet." Molly said and I shrugged. "Tired." I mumbled and she nodded.

I got a phone call and I looked down to see it was an unknown number, "I'll be right back." I told Molly and I went inside the semi to answer it. "Hello?" I asked and there was a pause. "Averie?" A voice asked.

"Who is this?" I asked again, "it's me Aunt kk." "Oh hey how've you been?" She sounded like she had been crying. "Averie listen to me." She said and there was another pause. "You're scaring me." I said.

"Averie you're dad is in the hospital, he got diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer." My aunt said and I paused. "It's back?" I asked and she said yes, I looked at the floor and it soon began to look like water, tears streamed down my cheeks once she said he's been in the hospital for a week and not looking good.

"Averie?" I fell to the floor. "Averie!" Aunt kk said loudly. "I'm here." I mumbled. "Where are you?" She asked. "I'm in Houston, what hospital is dad at?" I asked. "Sweetie you can't visit him." Kk told me and I shook my head, "yeah I can. What hospital is he in?" I asked again and I managed to get up.

"We are in Montana still." She replied and I nodded. "You gonna be ok Averie?" Aunt Kk asked and I said yes. "Thanks for the call." I said and wiped my eyes then hung up. I wanted to scream and punch somebody, but I melted to the floor and just sat there while staring at my blank phone screen.