Chapter 10 : Rom-com Shit

Start from the beginning

He shook his head and continued with the cleaning.

" I can work for free until you trust me that I can handle it." I tried again.

"Uh-oh."

Biting my lip, I thought for a second. Taking out a pen, I quickly wrote my number on a piece of paper and slid it near under the mouse of his desktop.

Jonathan was scrubbing the tables when I walked towards the door, "Hey,"

He looked at me, "I've dropped my number near your desktop. Just ring me if you change your mind." I informed him and flew out of there before he could say anything.

Eastwood High was already buzzing with highly spirited conversation and obnoxious waves of laughter when I walked down the hallway in the morning

Clarissa was at the wending machine with her minions, bitiching about how she couldn't eat that chocolate since it had more calories than what her dietician had prescribed. I scoffed to myself, this could never get old.

I made my way towards the locker but I stop a few feet away as I saw Jax standing at his locker.

He had a small smile on his face as he listened to something on his AirPods, taking out some books from his locker.

I shakily took a breath, looking at his adorable smile. My eyes burned as I continue staring at him.

This is the first time I have seen him smile like that and it reminds me how he used to smile at me. How he used to look at me like I was the only person in this world. I could stand here and stare at him all day. But alas, nothing seemed to be going in my favour today.

" HEY Estella, I'm here."

I jumped in my position and glanced behind Jax to see Gemma waving at me, she was standing a few steps away from Jax near the end of the lockers talking to some guy.

Jax must have also heard her, because his smile dropped upon hearing my name. He turned to look at Gemma and followed her gaze, now staring at me directly.

I wish he would look at me with the same adorable smile he had earlier. But he doesn't. His face has turned emotionless, I take a step forward unsure of what I was doing.

But he took off his AirPods and closed his locker door with a bang making me flinch and take a step back.

I stood there and watched him walk away until he was completely out of my sight.

Gemma was still talking to some lanky guy when I approached her. Not wanting to be rude I placed a hand on her shoulder and looked at the boy," Hey."

His eyes widened and redness spread on his face from neck, as if he couldn't belive I had spoken to him. "H-Hey."

" We'll wrap this up today. So, Six pm sharp, okay? " The boy nodded and scurried away.

"Who was that?" I asked as we made our way to our first class.