The thought had briefly crossed my mind, but it had left in a flash of a few seconds.

"Ohhh, you're right! She would know, considering she gave us the nectar in the first place! Foster, you're so smart, you know?"

I grinned and almost doltish grin, turning to face Keefe as he faced me.

"I know."

I simply stated.

And then without warning, with our fingers still entwined, I faced back out towards the unforgiving night and sprinted off towards the horizon, pulling Keefe behind me.

"WOAH FOSTER SLOW DOWN-"

I sped towards the hills, with Keefe and shaky his complaints behind me, though they quickly drowned out with the rush of adrenaline and speed that had hit me.

My legs beat fast on the ground, and my heart rabbited in my chest from my sudden increase of speed.

"To Havenfield we go!"

I shouted, and just then, since I had gathered enough momentum, the void cracked open.

I pulled myself through the blackness, dragging Keefe behind me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't a soft or smooth landing like I would wish to be able to admit.

It was the type of fall where you think you'll land smoothly, and you expect to land smoothly, but then right as you're about to land, your knees give away and you trip and tumble.

That's only the lucky falls, however.

Sometimes you fall in a belly-flop position and immediately know that your landing will be anything and everything but pleasant.

Luckily, our fall was the luckier of the two, and we both just tumbled downhill bit, rolling down the small, blanketed, grassy hill and stopping at the flatter bottom in a tangle of limbs.

We had both managed to collide in our tumble, so now Keefe and I were a hairsbreadth away from eachother with our limbs entwined.

I shook out from the entanglement and sat up, rubbing my throbbing head.

"Ouch."

I was dizzy from the amount of somersaults I had managed to do on the way down and my head felt like it had been crushed and bashed in with rocks from the amount of times it was planted in the grass.

My hair is a knotted mess, I'm sure.

I brushed my hand through it, attempting to clear away and dirt and debris and just plain out flatten my hair.

That was most certainly not graceful in any way, shape, form, or manor, but hey, when am I ever graceful?

The correct answer is never.

Hopefully my future self finds some grace or I am going to be eternally clumsy and often in danger of tripping in the easiest places to walk.

Like I've literally tripped walking up stairs and on flat surfaces.

For gods sake, I've tripped on air.

How does that even happen? The Black Swan really neglected the grace department when they 'programmed my genetics and DNA' or whatever.

Keefe propped himself upright.

"Next time, warn a man before you drag him along with you in a racehorse sprint, and then open the void and teleport him down a grassy hill, where he will inevitably tumble for a milennia."