Prologue

No ones POV:

"Iguro-san.. we won..?" Mitsuri whispered, as the first and only love of her life was holding onto her for dear life, as if the tiniest movement would hurt her even more.

"Yeah we won. Muzans dead." Iguro whispered back. He was in too much pain to speak any louder.

"That's good..my body doesn't hurt at all...it looks like I'm gonna die soon.."She said as she felt some kind of peace.

"I'm probably going to die soon too, so you're not alone" he reassured her.

"I don't want you to die Iguro-san..I'm sorry for not being of much use.." she cried silently.

"That's not true, I'm begging you don't talk like that.." he said.

"Do you remember the day we first met?" He asked her.

"Yeah... Iguro-san.. I was lost in Oyakata-samas home...and you helped me.." she answered with a quiet, pained laugh.

"No, it was the opposite..when I met you that day, you were a very normal girl.. so you actually saved me" he answered sincerely as he continued saying.

"You got excited over the smallest things, and your smile clear as day. You must have gone through hellish training before you became a pillar, yet you didn't radiate any of that in the slightest. " he answered as he looked at her in his arms lovingly.

"I had alot of fun talking with you. It felt like I was a normal young man, and that made me happy.. I'm sure the others felt the same way" he confessed

"The kindness inside you was infinite, so you've healed many people's hearts. Hold your head high" he said before he continued.

"I... won't let anyone complain about you" he finished his little loving speech for the girl who managed to break his cold heart.

*hic*

"WAHHH I'M SO HAPPY! I... I REALLY LOVE YOU IGURO-SAN!" She cried and cried after her confession.

"The meals you made were the most delicious ones I've ever had! And you always looked at me with those really sweet eyes of yours!" She said as she cried even more before she continued.

"Iguro-san, Iguro-san, please, if we ever get reborn, if we're born as human beings..will you make me your wife?" She finished saying as she looked up at him with a smile and tearfilled eyes.

"Of course, if you say you're fine with someone like me, then I will definitely make you happy, and next time I will not let you die..I will protect you for sure.." he said as a small almost unnoticeable tear slipped down his eye.

"Thank you Iguro-san..." was her last words as she accepted the warmth, the comfort and the darkness that welcomed her with open arms.

Prologue is done! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I was ugly crying as I wrote this because iguro and mitsuri are my favorite kny characters! Anyways until next time!