* ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ - ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ *

Content Warning: Major Character Deaths, short imprisonment, mentions of homophobia

Izuku looked down, holding his head in his hands. He knew what fate had arranged for them, and he knew that both him and Katsuki were going to die today. 

The cell that the two of them had been imprisoned in was dark and dingy, with little light coming through the thin bars of the window, and the heavy air smelled of mold and dampness. The walls were covered in chipped and faded white paint, and there was barely any space to stand or move in the confined space. A small wooden bed, hardly enough for one person, lay next to one of the stained walls. The cell they were in was on the highest floor, ensuring death if either of them tried to escape through the window. 

Katsuki turned to Izuku, and held both of Izuku's smaller, scarred hands in his own larger ones. "We'll be okay, I swear. You and I, we'll find a way out of this. Together." He said, letting go of Izuku's left hand and kissing his right. 

Despite everything that had been happening, Izuku still managed to find some comfort from Katsuki. But not for long. Izuku moved closer to Katsuki, clinging onto the boy's warm body. "Ka... Kacchan, I don't... I don't wanna die..." He whined, gripping onto him, like that would do something to save him from the fate that he and Katsuki had been gifted. 

Katsuki's arm wrapped around Deku as the two of them hugged, seemingly upset. Fear made its way through their veins, as they hugged tighter and tighter. "It'll be alright Deku..." Katsuki whispered into the boy's ear, trying his very best to cheer him up despite not believing the words he was saying. 

Footsteps made their way up the stairs to where Katsuki and Izuku's shared cell was, and the two of them quickly sprung apart. They were in enough trouble already, they didn't need to be in even more trouble for hugging as intimately as they were. 

A rough voice grunted at the two of them roughly, causing the fine hairs on the back of Katsuki and Izuku's necks to stand up. "Enjoy your last meal." He said, before abruptly placing a jug of water and some stale bread on the side of the cell, where food and drink would be passed through to ensure the prisoners died the way they were supposed to, rather than through starvation or dehydration. 

Katsuki nervously reached for the piece of bread, before breaking it in half and giving one half to Izuku to eat. Only a few parts of the bread were actually edible, the rest went out of the window for the birds to try and hack at. The two teenage boys then took turns in sharing the water between the two of them, and at least that was actually drinkable. 

Izuku sighed quietly, tears building up in his eyes. He was hungry, and he hated the fate that he and Katsuki would have no choice but to face. The blond would have tried his best to help the poor greenette as much as he could, but he had no idea how to help the boy, as he was internally feeling exactly the same. 

The red-eyed male moved close to Izuku again. "Maybe we should go to sleep, to pass some of the time?" He suggested quietly, wrapping his arm around the boy's waist. 

However, Izuku shook his head miserably. "Kacchan, these are our last few hours alive. I want to spend them awake, at the very least." He said, confiding in his best friend. And of course, Katsuki couldn't help but agree with the young male. 

The two of them simply sat on the floor in silence, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence at least. It was a fairly peaceful silence, one that allowed their thoughts to do whatever they wanted inside their heads. Whether that was to be a raging storm, throwing randomised questions around left, right and centre (basically what was going on in Katsuki's head) or a soft whimpering voice in the back of their minds, who was still asking questions (what was going on in Izuku's head), it was still doing something after all.