Chapter Thirteen: Legends

Billy's POV

I knew Elena was going to be special the day she was born, even though Renee and Isabella do not see it. She was a beautiful baby. She rarely cried and was easy to take care of. She learned to walk and talk very quickly. We all knew that she was going to be innocent for a long time. When she told us that she was a little and what that meant no one was surprised. It fit her description perfectly. The boys have been her older brothers and protectors from the beginning, especially Jacob. Elle and Jacob definitely have the closest bond because they were practically raised together.

When Jacob joined the pack I told Sam that he was going to have to let Elena be a part of his life. She was raised here and has heard all the legends her whole life. When I explained to her that the legends were true she responded by telling me that she already knew that. She said that she knew the boys would protect her and would never put her in danger; they weren't allowed to hurt her. When the Cullens moved here it caused a rift in the pack. They saw how she easily connected with them and feared she'd choose their enemy over her family. She knew what the Cullens were based on the legends but she was never afraid she was drawn to them. Then we found out that she was mated to Jasper. Many of the wolves including Jacob were furious and said that there must be some kind of mistake. But you could see in her behavior that she was much happier. She feared losing the boys and I reassured her that she did nothing wrong and that the ancestors chose them as mates for a reason. I see now that she is the one who is supposed to bridge the gap between the cold ones and the wolves. There is an old legend that goes back thousands of years, there was a woman named Winona. She is said to be quite innocent and childlike; she had premonitions and was able to warn her tribe when cold ones were near or if someone was going to be sick. She could also tell when women were pregnant and she could heal people. She believed that our worlds were meant to be together. A cold one approached our village and she was kind to them, taking a liking to him. Most people in the village were shocked and scared and others were disgusted. When his intentions were questioned he said that he didn't want to hurt anyone and that he just wanted to get to know Winona. He told the elders that she was his mate and they agreed to let her see him supervised. He was not allowed to come on their land.

Nona fell in love quickly. She wanted to leave her village to travel with the cold one. Her older brother Ahiga did not approve and he killed the cold one. Nona couldn't bear the pain of losing her mate so she killed herself.

I think Elena is supposed to be the bridge between the two worlds. I mean she can heal and she has premonitions and she can communicate with animals. Our sweet little Elena is destined to do great things. 

Author's note

Thank you guys for your patience. I really appreciate it. I know this chapter is short. I just wanted to get something out there while I write the full chapter. Thank you for the support and I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Feel free to comment if you have any feedback, questions, or suggestions. I hope you have a wonderful day.