The Joys Of Camping

Start from the beginning

The Canterfiction Tales

Bucksaplentys collapsed in a heap, laughing until tears were streaming from their eyes and their bellies hurt. As they caught their breath Liam sat up and smiled at his parents.

"I'm really glad that we all get to go camping together. I'm really excited."

"Me too!" Yipped Nessie. "But anyway me and Li Li already packed our bags, so now you guys have to pack yours."

Eima chuckled. "Alright sweetie, we'll be ready in a flash." Satisfied, the two siblings hopped off the bed and ran back to their room to finish getting ready.

"I love those kiddos." Said Sebby turning to look at his wife. "Have I ever told you how lucky I am to have you in my life, my beautiful wife? You've made me and Liam so happy." He said tenderly as he leaned in to kiss her.

Eima blushed, but kissed him back. "I feel the same about you dear. Now we'd better hurry before those two come and beat us again.

Sebby laughed. "Yeah I guess you're right.

After Eima and Sebby were downstairs and ready, their children were already loading up the car with supplies. As Liam was walking in from putting the cooler in the car, Nessie was walking out with her arms full of beach toys. She could barley see and wobbled a bit trying to keep them from toppling onto the floor.

"You want some help Ness?" Asked Liam, starting towards her.

"No...I urg...got it." She said, still wobbling a bit.

"You sure?"

The Joys of Camping

"Yup I'm sur-woah!"

As soon as the determined six year old made it to the car she tried to lift them up into the trunk but lost her balance. Her and the beach toys ended up in a pile on the ground. She sat there for a moment then starting laughing.

Liam hurried over to his sister and bent down next to her. "Ness are you okay?!"

"Yeah Li Li, I'm fine. I guess I should have let you help me after all." She laughed again and her brother joined in as he helped her to her feet.

Eima watched them from the doorway shaking her head amused then turned back and walked into the kitchen to help pack snacks for the ride. "You know Sebastian, that girl is just like you."

Sebby raised his eyebrows. "Sebastian? What's with the formalities. No one ever uses my full name." He chuckled.

His wife shrugged. "Sometimes I like throwing you off guard." She threw him a wink.

He grinned. "And yes, I guess she is a lot like me. She's got your looks, my personality." Sebby looked thoughtful for a moment. "Now Liam...he's kind of his own person. He's like me in certain ways...and of course he's nothing like Helen thank goodness. But he's a wonderful kid, and I know he'll grow up to be a fine young man.

The last thing left to pack up was the tent, which Nessie and Liam began to pick up but struggled a bit from the weight until Sebby stopped them. "Okay you two, I'll grab the tent. I don't want you hurting yourself. Your sister's already had a spill this morning."

The Canterfiction Tales

"Aww daddy, I wasn't even hurt." She retorted.

He chuckled. "We'll still. I'll put it in the car. Besides, don't you want breakfast?"