12

"Anyone who sees us now will think I have a caring sister." Keziah speaks up scrunching her nose making Keturah stick out her tongue in mild mockery.
   "Better enjoy it while it lasts." The latter replies as she drives the car through the tarred road.
  "When are you returning to school sef?"
  "Are you chasing me? I can return after dropping you in school o."
  "Ah ah now. I was just joking o." She cuts in smiling sheepishly at her sister as the latter turns to busy herself with handling the steering wheel.
   "How's Shade? Do I get to see her this morning?"
"I don't know o. Come to think of it, she did something really annoying on Tuesday and she refused to talk to me since then."
  "Really? What happened?"
"I mentioned paying her visit and she refused vehemently. Though I noticed that her refusal was kind of too sharp though. I asked her about it but she just left me and boarded a taxi." She explains looking sullen.
   "Really? Maybe she just remembered something when you mentioned home. Don't be annoyed with her na. And how has your intercession for her being? Are you still consumed with praying for her?"
    "I am. At least I try my best. And she's a little bit receptive to my invitations to the fellowship too. You can help me talk to her sha. Maybe she'll listen to you." Keziah points out as they reach the school gate. She tilts her head to the side a little to look at her elder sister and sends her a smirk.
  "Or do you want to come in?"
"To...."
"Shade! Shade!" Keziah calls out and immediately opens the door. She drops her bag on the seat and rushes to meet Shade who goes on without an hint that she's being called. She reaches her and pats her on the back making the latter jolt in fear.
  "Jesus!!!" She screams in fright before turning to look at her friend.
"Sorry to scare you. I have been calling you for a while but you weren't paying attention. Good morning."
"Good morning. Where's your school bag?" She questions peering at her friend.
  "It's in the car. With Lady K."
"Lady K? You mean lady K is around? Where is she?"
  "Just outside the school gate. Let's go."
"I have really missed her o." Shade states following Keziah to the army green coloured Toyota Camry XV 70.
  Keturah sees them and immediately comes down to receive them. She pulls Shade into a bone crushing hug while the latter relaxes in her arms.
  "I have missed you sis. Like a lot."
  "Me too. My baby is all grown up." She says holding her shoulders and checking her over and over as if looking out for any injuries. She snuffles twice and touches her face wiping away imaginary tear.
  "There's a roll of tissue in the car's drawer o." Keziah interrupts them now holding on to her school bag.
  "Issh! Old killjoy. I will send her to you tomorrow babe. If she doesn't give you hold her tight o."
"Sure Lady K." Shade replies nodding her head in accordance. Keturah turns to her younger sister, "Can you please excuse us for a little while?"
"Sure then. I will go on in. I will be waiting for you Shade. Bye miss and please let lunch await me when I get home. Understood?"
"You and who? Common leave this place."
  "Issh. You better be fast and come inside." She tells Shade and runs inside. The duo watch her as she goes into the school compound gleefully.
  "So, I don't know what you're going through at home but I know there is something. And whatever it is, please don't hesitate to dial my line. I'm always here, anytime any moment. Just call me."
  "Thanks sis. This means a lot. I will hold on to that." Shade truthfully appreciates.
"A moment please." Keturah says and opens the car door. She brings out a small purse and gives it to Shade.
  "Here. I cut out Bible verses in a cardboard. Just pick any and meditate on it whenever you feel down." She says cutting out as Shade suddenly wraps her in a hug.

No author's note family. Please vote 🌟 comment and share. Much love 💖❣️

  Yours in Ink; Bethel ™